Minnesota Power selects Tait Electronics to provide network solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

citylink_uk

Database Admin
Tait Electronics has been awarded a contract by Minnesota Power in Duluth, Minnesota to engineer, furnish and install a TaitNet MPT 1327 network solution.

The network will be 440-480MHz and will encompass 43 sites along with unique TaitNet redundancy features to assure network availability.
According to Michael Chick, Managing Director of Tait Electronics, the TaitNet MPT 1327 system was chosen by Minnesota Power for its flexibility to handle the voice and data/AVL solution needs that are required.

With the contract in place, Tait expects installation of the system to begin in the second quarter of 2008 with completion planned for 2009.

http://www.taitworld.com/main/index.cfm/1,771,1820,44,html/Minnesota-Power-selects-Tait-Electronics-to-provide-flexible-network-solution

SCPD

QRT
I wasn't aware that a power company could be licensed on frequencies from 440-450 MHz, which is a portion of the amateur 70cm band. Must be an error.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Pretty sure that was a typo, should probably be 450.

Seems like the upper mid-west energy folks love that UHF. Several already have wide area UHF trunking systems in place, especially in MN. Minnesota Power has a lot of UHF IG channels right now.

Stephen

Anyone every used any TAIT system there is a small PD near where I live that uses a 450mhz UHF system. The officers seem to have no problems with them.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
loumaag said:
Yep, and 450 every where else in Minn. Great River Energy has a very large 450 Omnilink system in place. I wonder if MN Pwr got any input from Basin Electric Power Cooperative, which seems like a pretty wide area MPT-1327 system?

Outside of the twin cities area there isnt much activity on the rest of the Xcel and GRE stuff. Atleast not that i have noticed. GRE has a decent amount of activity in the metro though.

Thayne

About 4 years ago we bought Tait radios (UHF) for a large construction Co from Hutton, then Hutton quit selling them and we had a terrible time getting parts. Finally replaced them with Kenwood & Moto. The closest Tait rep was in Calif, so I hope the support is better now or they will be sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.