Minor bugs in audio record and replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes scanner UI beep and beeboops get recorded into playback files; surely that's not intended behavior.

When scrolling through replay files on my 536 using the knob, the firmware apparently doesn't reset the codec when it starts to play the next file, because you hear about 200 ms of badly decoded audio, even though it's not in the file being replayed.

And at the end of replaying a file, knob-push does not equate to "E" as it does everywhere [?] else.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I haven't noticed the audio carryover, but there's some funny carryover in the WAV file headers. If a field is blank then you see the text from the previous recording except for a terminator in the first position. This makes it hard to read the raw data, but I'm writing a program to decode it for logging purposes and renaming of the audio files.

mokpt

Premium Subscriber
it would be nice to be able to save audio from replay. As of now you must be recording the "session". Sometimes you hear things that you would like to save.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When you start a recording session, it includes the replay buffer in the session.

JamesO

We need the TiVo/DVR feature where you can record and still have the Replay feature active while recording. This feature would be AWESOME.

I hope the hardware can support this.

SCPD

QRT
I think it would be more awesome if you could record channels independantly,some channels ya just dont wanna hear played back.I dig the replay feature,its like what they say?oh ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.