MIRS Talkgroups...cont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
I know there was a thread discussing talkgroups that were not identified. I am sorry, i couldn't find it. I'm not even sure if these are all talkgroups. I'm not the expert in this stuff.

So, a new thread...

Today at the Boonton Haz Mat incident I was searching and caught some that were not listed in the database:

35856 I think it was law enforcement
42000 Is this even a legit talkgroup? Anyway, heard talking on it.
733809... this can't be a talkgroup, but this was listed on my 996 where the TG usually is

Thanks

ctrabs74

I believe this is the thread that you're referring to:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104501

Also, a suggestion to Lou or whomever wants to be a mod for this forum: I would think that some stickys would be appropriate for some of the more popular topics on the NJ forum (ie. NJSP, Morris County, Somerset County, Bayonne, and once it goes on line, Jersey City). I would think a sticky for those topics would be very helpful.

Pursuit

Mun Pd 3

I know there was a thread discussing talkgroups that were not identified. I am sorry, i couldn't find it. I'm not even sure if these are all talkgroups. I'm not the expert in this stuff.

So, a new thread...

Today at the Boonton Haz Mat incident I was searching and caught some that were not listed in the database:

35856 I think it was law enforcement
42000 Is this even a legit talkgroup? Anyway, heard talking on it.
733809... this can't be a talkgroup, but this was listed on my 996 where the TG usually is

Thanks

never seen those b4... however just confirmed MUN PD 3 as 33872

Sybex7254

never seen those b4... however just confirmed MUN PD 3 as 33872

Are you sure it's MUN PD 3? It sounds more like the digital version of talkgroup 304 SPECIAL EVENT. I'm hearing the same type of traffic (flagmen at a road construction site) that you always heard on 304.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure it's MUN PD 3? It sounds more like the digital version of talkgroup 304 SPECIAL EVENT. I'm hearing the same type of traffic (flagmen at a road construction site) that you always heard on 304.

Are you saying that it is rebroadcast as digital, or a whole different digital channel used for spec events?

If it's a rebroadcast, but in digital, what's the benefit?

Thanks

Pursuit

yup...what you were hearing was Mount Arlington PD they had a mva involving a dump truck and a pole and had Howard BLVD shut Down for about 10 hours. they referred to to it as pd 3 several times and switched to not tie up radio traffic on pd 2. This isnt the first time ive heard this TG ive heard it used for a few months but was never able to confirm it. The only traffic i ever heard on Tg 304 is around election time the people involved with running the voting machines use that tg 304

gcr33

I used to live in Mt. Arlington. Hearing those street names brought back memories of the old amusement park.

MIRS and PRO-96

Does anyone have the multi-table info. My 96 has been locking up with no audio.
I think my hi-lo numbers are off in my win-96 software.

Status
Not open for further replies.