Mishawaka Public Safety System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wleffler

Premium Subscriber
Good evening!! Anyone in here familiar with the state 800 system? Mishawaka has their own private system with two of there talkgroups linked to the state system. I am trying to program THEIR system into my pager but it appears that maybe the wrong system ID is posted? Not sure if there are any other public sites with that info posted. I have the state system working, but I can not get the Mishawaka system to work. Anyone from the area know whats up?

tvengr

Well Known Member
12242​
2fd2DMishawakaPD1 DspMishawaka Police Dispatch SAFE-TLaw Dispatch
12237​
2fcdDMishawakaPD2 TacMishawaka Police Channel 2 SAFE-TLaw Tac

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
All users are on SAFE-T. The City system is either standbye backup, or is off the air.

Wleffler

Premium Subscriber
All users are on SAFE-T. The City system is either standbye backup, or is off the air.
The city system is their primary system with 2 of their primary talkgroups linked to SAFE-T. They use their system Every day for their other talkgroups.

Wleffler

Premium Subscriber
12242​
2fd2DMishawakaPD1 DspMishawaka Police Dispatch SAFE-TLaw Dispatch
12237​
2fcdDMishawakaPD2 TacMishawaka Police Channel 2 SAFE-TLaw Tac
These are the Linked talkgroups from their city system. I am looking for their city system info.

Wleffler

Premium Subscriber
There is nothing on the old system its all on SAFE-T the last time I checked.
It isn't an old system. The city has their own system they use with two of their primary talkgroups linked to the state system.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
These are the Linked talkgroups from their city system. I am looking for their city system info.
How are you looking? There is link to it on county page of the db? And the FD, dpw, etc are all on SAFE-T so lot more than 2.

us007605

It isn't an old system. The city has their own system they use with two of their primary talkgroups linked to the state system.
As Scotter and milf already mentioned, the Mishawaka system has been unused since the beginning of 2018. Mishawaka moved comms directly to the the state SAFE-T system at that time. Mishawaka PD has their own dispatch and channel 2 on SAFE-T and uses County PD CH 3 for records checks. Mishawaka Fire is dispatched on the St Joe County Fire talkgroups with the rest of the county and uses the County Fireground TGs as assigned by Dispatch. Mishawaka Electric and one Street Department TG have been identified and are listed in the SAFE-T info for St Joe County.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Which scanner and programming software are you using?
I think he is wanting to set up an Unication. He mentioned putting the CoM into a pager. Only pager that can do an 7/800 MHz P25 TRS is an Unication .

tvengr

Well Known Member
Check that the frequencies for the St Joseph County site of the SAFE-T system are correct. Make sure that you have the correct HEX values for the WACN ID and System ID for the SAFE-T system. Check that you have the correct HEX values for the RFSS ID and Site ID for the St. Joseph County site of the SAFE-T system. Use the TGID's for Mishawaka on the SAFE-T system.

Last edited:

Wleffler

Premium Subscriber
Check that the frequencies for the St Joseph County site of the SAFE-T system are correct. Make sure that you have the correct HEX values for the WACN ID and System ID for the SAFE-T system. Check that you have the correct HEX values for the RFSS ID and Site ID for the St. Joseph County site of the SAFE-T system. Use the TGID's for Mishawaka on the SAFE-T system.
Yes, This is for the G5. I have the Mishawaka system in their separately as its a separate system not ran by the state. The only two TGs that are linked to the state system are ch 1 and ch 2. would the talkgroup hex from Mishawaka work on the state system even though they are not the same system?

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is nothing on the old system its all on SAFE-T the last time I checked.
How are you looking? There is link to it on county page of the db? And the FD, dpw, etc are all on SAFE-T so lot more than 2.
As Scotter and milf already mentioned, the Mishawaka system has been unused since the beginning of 2018. Mishawaka moved comms directly to the the state SAFE-T system at that time. Mishawaka PD has their own dispatch and channel 2 on SAFE-T and uses County PD CH 3 for records checks. Mishawaka Fire is dispatched on the St Joe County Fire talkgroups with the rest of the county and uses the County Fireground TGs as assigned by Dispatch. Mishawaka Electric and one Street Department TG have been identified and are listed in the SAFE-T info for St Joe County.
Why do you insist on programming the old system after being told that everything is on SAFE-T and the old system is no longer in use and then complain that is doesn't work. Program it as SAFE-T with the St Joseph County site and I bet that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Wleffler

Premium Subscriber
Why do you insist on programming the old system after being told that everything is on SAFE-T and the old system is no longer in use and then complain that is doesn't work. Program it as SAFE-T with the St Joseph County site and I bet that you will be pleasantly surprised.
What do they use as Talk around?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Have you monitored the 700 MHz conventionals? 8Call, and 8Tacs? All SAFE-T radios have ALL of them in the codeplugs. Its SOP by IPSC to have them this way.

Wleffler

Premium Subscriber
I have not monitored the 8call or tacs. Aren't those to be used for events? Or can they be used as tac for inter department coms?

tvengr

Well Known Member
If the Mishawaka trunked system is no longer active, that should be submitted to the database to avoid confusion.

Mishawaka
NextLevel.gif

Mishawaka Public Safety
Project 25 Phase I
Used By Mishawaka Fire, Police, and Government Services.

Mishawaka Public SafetyProject 25MishawakaSt. Joseph01-10-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.