Missed opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

captncarp

GRE should have added Alpha Tags to All there models....they would of been the first with them in all there models and really shined with the customers who only want the low end models, EMS, Vol. FF., Railfans .... the people who only need a VHF/UHF scanner. If they have to keep checking freq.'s readouts against a list vs. just looking at there radio display, it's a no brainer they would prefer GRE over any other brand.
It's time has come to be a basic feature in all models of all scanners!

Jakemcgraw

I agree,,Alpha Tags have been around awhile now, I had one of the first scanners to have tagging, If not the first model, It was a Uniden BC 8500 XLT base/mobile scanner i got it when they first came out, I think it was 1994...I know models of scanners were far and few in between, with the alpha tag feature when it came out...but fact is alpha tags have been with us several years now.

Last edited:

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Jakemcgraw said:
I had one of the first scanners to have tagging, If not the first model, It was a Uniden BC 8500 XLT base/mobile scanner i got it when they first came out, I think it was 1994...

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but the uniden MR8100 was out in the late 80s and had alphatags, but it was a specialized piece of gear and not very common among most scanner users. I remember seeing an add in firehouse magazine when they were $500 :eek:

Jakemcgraw

Grog said:
Not to sound like a know-it-all, but the uniden MR8100 was out in the late 80s and had alphatags, but it was a specialized piece of gear and not very common among most scanner users. I remember seeing an add in firehouse magazine when they were $500 :eek:
Great Info, Thank's..I didn't know they went back that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.