BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Missing a lot of transmissions bcd 996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp

I am missing a lot of traffic on my bcd 996xt scanning the Sd rcs north all i get is dispatch and in query channels and just downloaded a new install 5 minutes ago get all fire but limited law enforcement channels.

JoeyC

What do you think you are missing? A lot of the secondary law channels (task force and investigative channels) are typically not as active on weekends.

mikeyp

missing tac channels car to car and some analog channels but i think i fixed it with the custom band plan RR has for this site. I a 4 miles los north from the north cell tower .The sheriffs looks like they removed encryption from some channels also. Does any body know when San Diego will switch to tdma ?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The transition to the NextGen system will start later this year (probably after Labor Day). TDMA will come as agencies adopt all-TDMA capable radios.

mikeyp

Just heard a great thing on San Diego RSC north Law air wishing a well retirement for a 30 year veteran pilot for astrea for his last flight today . that was awesome to hear .

wtp

Thank you everybody with all of your comments got my scanner working perfect but had to power off than back on to get it to work.

that was from mikeyp.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
Whenever you make any changes to your scanner programming its best to recycle the scanner (turn it off and back on again) that way the scanner will start out fresh with the newest programming that you just updated.

mikeyp

Wow never thought that my bc785d would ever work again But thanks to proscan and people on this site to point me in the right direction.Scanning the Sd Rcs north cell no problem.And loaded over 300 channels faster than ever with proscan.

Status
Not open for further replies.