BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Missing belt clip hanger and screw on my BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE2PEM

Premium Subscriber
I buy a used BCD436HP but the belt clip hanger and screw are missing where i can buy these parts i see in uniden store the belt clip hanger and the screw for bcd396t and xt but they are in metal can these fit on my BCD436HP. where i can buy new one belt clip hanger and screw

Thank for your help

Last edited:

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
i know you bought yours used, but as a word of advice for anyone with the 436hp. the screw does come loose from time to time. i make sure to check and tighten mine down every so often. dont try to over tighten it as it will prob strip. another thing, do not sit with the scanner hooked to you belt, it will snap. i did this to my 396xt (dumb move i know) and had to order a new belt clip. so, i ordered an extra just in case.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Put some Loc-Tite on the screw then put it in,then you will be safe!

DO NOT DO THIS. IT WILL EAT THE PLASTIC AROUND THE SCREW.

I'm a big fan of Loc-Tite generally, but in this particular case it is a REALLY bad idea. It partially dissolves the plastic, and turns it into a crumbly goo. Speaking from experience here.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber

VE2PEM

Premium Subscriber
Sorry but that not the information i need. The dealer dont have the belt clip hanger and screw and can't send me

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I picked up a button back like Nokia used to use. Dollar stores or cell phone stores may have them. I removed the radio back (6 screws, including 2 under the batteries).

I drilled a small hole in the center of the button, and a matching hole in the radio back. I used a nylon bolt and nut to attach it (won't short anything). I clipped off the excess bolt so it was flush with the nut, and replaced the back. Now it's really solid.

I did the same on my PSR500, because the stock clip had a 'death grip' which I didn't like. You could probably do the same on about any handheld.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I buy a used BCD436HP but the belt clip hanger and screw are missing where i can buy these parts i see in uniden store the belt clip hanger and the screw for bcd396t and xt but they are in metal can these fit on my BCD436HP. where i can buy new one belt clip hanger and screw

Thank for your help

I just checked and mounted the 396XT metal clip hanger on my 436HP using the 436HP screw . Fits the same except the the screw for the 386XT is 12mm in length and has fine threads. Where as the screw for the 436HP is 8mm in length and has a course threat - I would guess 16 tpi . (threads per inch)

The metal clip does look and feel better on the 436HP.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
LOC-TITE WILL NOT WORK. It will destroy the plastic around the screw hole. I tried it, and now have a scanner that will never have a belt clip attached unless I replace the rear half of the case.

VE2PEM

Premium Subscriber
i do that before you suggest your solution thanks i use my 396xt belt clip hanger with an other screw

Status
Not open for further replies.