Missing Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4ACI

I'm still looking for the new frequencies for the Boiling Springs Fire District in Greenville County, SC. The department dropped off the listed frequencies late in 2018. They now only use those old frequencies periodically. For example, they were used during a Jan. 2019 snow storm that resulted in several MVA's and downed trees and power lines. The department has probably migrated to the Palmetto 800 system but I've not found it there yet and any changes have not yet appeared in the RR database. Has anyone else who might have noticed the change had any luck in locating the department?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
It's certainly possible that they have moved to Palmetto 800. I don't monitor the Greenville simulcast site often, so I wouldn't likely see their talkgroup pop up.

There are also quite a few Greenville County FDs using UHF DMR channels. Simponville FD for sure has their own (licensed) DMR frequency in UHF. Parker FD does too, I think. Communication Service Center also have several UHF DMR conventional channels that are being used by some fire departments, maybe Wade Hampton and Duncan Chapel? I haven't taken time to pin them all down. I can post the frequencies if you have DMR capability.

If find this all a little curious as I thought Greenville County passed a tax increase a couple of years ago to pay for all emergency services to move to Palmetto 800, including Greenville EMS. There were several big events (fires) in Greenville County a few years ago that showed how ineffective it was to have departments on different radio systems. If Boiling Springs did recently move to UHF DMR, that wouldn't necessarily seem to be moving in the best direction. Who knows?

rescuecomm

That is interesting considering I have them programmed in several radios and don't remember hearing anything recently. I work next to Boiling Springs Station #1, but they haven't responded to our factory on second shift in a while. I also monitor the Greenville County UHF fire dispatch channel but don't think I heard them there either. I'll keep an eye out for any different antennas on their trucks.

Bob

rescuecomm

After using Google, it appears that the Taylors, Boiling Springs, and Greer fire departments consolidated their dispatch operations in the last couple of years. That opens up a host of frequencies of interest.

Bob

aa4lb

That's correct, all three are dispatched on 154.175. I'm not sure what they might be using for fireground frequencies.

Lee

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I assume if they consolidated dispatch with Greer, that they are using a CTCSS tone of 85.4 on 154.175? I note that this same frequency is listed in the RR database as being used by the South Greenville FD with a CTCSS tone of 136.5. If you can confirm that 85.4 is used, I'll update the description and make other appropriate changes in the database listing.

If anyone with knowledge of the changes to Greenville County fire departments wants to take a stab at updating the notes at the top of the Greenville County Fire Departments listing on the Greenville County database page, please submit it and I'll post the update.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2335

mckinscan

Feed Provider
I sent Boiling springs fire a message on Facebook messenger and they reply back said they dispatch by Greer fire comm and operate on palmetto 800

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening solely to greer dispatch and by the area they are multi agency. But only calling engine and rescue numbers. But can say they are covering a large area.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Talkgroup 44388 on Palmetto 800 is a fire department ops talkgroup that hasn't been identified. Battalion 50, Platform 55, Engine 55, Eingine 58 were some of the units I heard ID on the air.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
So far I can confirm Wade Hampton, Greer and Boiling Springs. Pretty sure I heard Taylors on there today.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Also getting alot of analog on 155.88750 witch is listed as Vinyards in Pickens county, but getting dispatched to ares like 101 and woodroof road. Wonder if it is a analog simulcast?

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
All but Taylors, and pretty sure I heard them today. Will verify tomorrow.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
As a side note, I am not hearing Taylors radio check at 8 AM on their old frequency. Used to here them every morning on my way to work.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
That talkgroup is now known as fire comm. All units call to fire comm and vice versa.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
As I recall, Greer FD dispatched themselves and Pelham Batesville FD on 154.175 and the refer to themselves as FireComm. It's logical that this talkgroup 44388 is in the range of talkgroups allocated to Greer (4438x) and that it is called "FireComm". I suspect they dispatch for these same departments now on 154.175 PL 85.4, but I would appreciate someone verifying that.

I have added this talkgroup to the Palmetto 800 database page. And I'm glad to see some movement of other Greenville County agencies (other than the city public safety agencies and Sheriff Vice officers) to Palmetto 800.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
I think Greer Dispatch some of the Spartanburg FD like Tiger River and Maybe Pelham FD also as when those dept call it in to spartanburg fire ops channel over the radio. they says they was call out by city of Greer.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Greer Fire is
Battalion 41
Engine 41 & 42
Pelhem Bateville FD 56

I suspect some of those other depts using different numbers

I found a WSPA Channel 7 news report about Greer Fire Dispatch combine Dispatch operations

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Hearing engine 81 talking to fire Comm. Any Idea what station? from memory I thought that was Talyors.

Status
Not open for further replies.