DSDPlus Missing files in Fastlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarbingerSe7en

Premium Subscriber
I recently started receiving fastlane updates for DSDPlus. I noticed as I play with it more and more that there are missing files for certain functions. None of the updates I've received have the survey.cfg or scanlist files. Would somebody be able to upload theirs or paste an example of how they should be formatted? Much appreciated.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
The Fastlane files are expected to be copied into a folder populated with the free 1.101 zip files. Only updated files are in updates. :)

P.S. you will find the files you are looking for in the 1.101 zip file.

HarbingerSe7en

Premium Subscriber
The Fastlane files are expected to be copied into a folder populated with the free 1.101 zip files. Only updated files are in updates. :)

P.S. you will find the files you are looking for in the 1.101 zip file.
The survey.exe program isn't part of 1.101 so it doesn't come with the config file. I don't see the scanlist text file in there either.

Attachments

• 1p101png.png
    1p101png.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 29

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Survey cfg/exe and FMP24.SurveyList was in my 228 update, but looking over 1.101 and 2.35 I agree its not there. Looks like they were added and could be missed depending on when you get into Fastlane. 228 was my first introduction to Fastlane.
I hesitate to post the exe, but don't see the harm in the cfg files. I had to append .txt to the name before RR would let me attach files.

Attachments

• FMP24.SurveyList.txt
    338 bytes · Views: 25
  • Survey.cfg.txt
    506 bytes · Views: 25

HarbingerSe7en

Premium Subscriber
Survey cfg/exe and FMP24.SurveyList was in my 228 update, but looking over 1.101 and 2.35 I agree its not there. Looks like they were added and could be missed depending on when you get into Fastlane. 228 was my first introduction to Fastlane.
I hesitate to post the exe, but don't see the harm in the cfg files. I had to append .txt to the name before RR would let me attach files.
Thank you! These were the only files I needed. I have the survey.exe from fastlane already but it wouldn't run without a formatted cfg file and I had no template to base one off of. Strange that you got all these in your 228 update. I received 228 and only got a few executables.

Attachments

• 228.png
    228.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 17

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
It looks like my 1st 2.28 Fastlane is more complete than the last update of 2.35. Do you still have the original Fastlane when you first paid as you comment of few executables in 2.28 is like my 2.35?

slicerwizard

Survey.cfg would be in the OP's first FL update.

FMP.ScanList is part of the 1.101 distribution. It can be used as a template (or just renamed) for use with FMPA/FMPP/FMP24.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
No, I'm not being critical of what I am getting just informative for the OP on what I have.

HarbingerSe7en

Premium Subscriber
It appears that different people get different files in their emailed updates. My 2.212 came with only the updated dsdplus and fmp-map executables and a notes.txt. My first fastlane was 2.205 but the link is no longer valid. Also, I attached a screenshot of a freshly downloaded 1.101 earlier and there was no scanlist file.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Agreed some variability. DSDPlus and Fastlane a good program overall. I usually backup application installations, but have been a little lacks and have had to get the latest 1.101 and create a folder of it for reference and possible replacement files. Same for my Fastlane zips and fftw_dll too. Printed the original dsdplus email to PDF for it's link and password keeping it in my DSDPlus depositor folder for future use.

A little more administrative overhead than I usually do, but it all good.

slicerwizard

I attached a screenshot of a freshly downloaded 1.101 earlier and there was no scanlist file.
My bad.

FMP can (slowly) scan frequencies

a frequency list, one frequency per line, should be placed in a file
named FMP.ScanList

the format of each line is:

So you're supposed to make your own file.

And from Notes.txt:

FMP24: This is a 2.4 Msps version of FMPA

FMP24 vs FMP differences:

scan list file is named FMP24.ScanList

So you're supposed to make that one as well.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

As I said in this thread, the Notes.txt file explains why there can be different files in the update zip files and why there can be missing files.

"The first .zip file generated for you and sent via an email link contains all the new/changed files since the last public release. Subsequent zip files only have new/changed files since the last generated zip file. The problem with this scheme is you need to get every released zip file sent to you and use it to update your DSDplus folder in version order. "

73 Eric

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Email them and explain what is missing and they will send a link to the version that contains the missing exe file(s).

I was missing an exe file with the first fastlane version I received after subscribing for FL. I don't recall which EXE it was that was missing but another user did confirm it was included in the version just prior to my first FL version.
I sent an email and within 15 minutes or less, I had an email with the missing info as an attachment or a link to get it. I don't remember which way it was delivered as this was a while back now but what they sent me was the entire package for the version before my first FL version.
Since that, I only ever missed one file and that was my mistake from not uncompressing all the files.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

As I said in this thread, the Notes.txt file explains why there can be different files in the update zip files and why there can be missing files.

"The first .zip file generated for you and sent via an email link contains all the new/changed files since the last public release. Subsequent zip files only have new/changed files since the last generated zip file. The problem with this scheme is you need to get every released zip file sent to you and use it to update your DSDplus folder in version order. "

73 Eric

When they release a new version, I create a backup folder with the current version number and copy all files into the backup folder I created.
I sometimes leave out the large raw audio files that are created if you are using that option.

Once I've copied all the files from my working version to my backup folder, I then extract all the new version files and place them into the main dsdplus folder overwriting any files with the same name.
This has always worked well for me and allows me to go back to any older version since starting my FL subscription.

Hard drive space is cheap and plentiful. The space used for keeping all these backup folders from older versions is minimal and not even noticed.
I'll also place a text copy of the email included with each version in case the password changes for extracting the files which it did for the first time from me with the last version.

hrh17

I've never seen the survey file till the latest update. Any information on what it does or the required files to run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.