Missing frequencies in washington county?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireincarnate1

Premium Subscriber
I am relatively new to ham radio. I own a Baofeng UV-5R and I wanted to program it and use it as a scanner to listen to EMS,fire,and police.
I went on radio reference's frequency database to view local frequencies in my county(Washington) but there's no police frequencies at all and same goes for and and partially EMS(Metro west ambulance is the only EMS frequency in the database so far) So if only has any public safety frequencies for all of Washington county I'd greatly appreciate it.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Washington County, Clackamas County, and Newberg will be switching to digital sometime later this year and all law enforcement talkgroups will be encrypted.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Nah they have been using digital back to 2008 or older

No they haven't been digital since 2008. They have been analog. The link you provided doesn't show any digital systems other than the federal IWN system which isn't used by Washington County or Clackamas County.

radiotweester

Exactly what ORE007 said. It's channel 16 on all metro area 800mhz fire radios and is monitored by the on-scene incident commander along with the Ops and Dispatch channels.
Simplex channels 1-4 are used by all sorts of agencies for everything from training, to FD "high-rise response protocol". All 5 are VERY worth while having programmed and scanned, but expect very little activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.