Missing from search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I have run into this from time to time but now have a specific case to refer to:

When searching the entire database or just the Colorado database for 134.125, I come up with nothing in Colorado. If I look at the listing for ZDV - Denver Center, I find 134.125 listed as "Sector 28 LaJunta Hi" as I should.

Why does it not show up in the search?

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Because that entry you're looking at:

LA JUNTA RCAG 134.12500 HIGH

On the ZDV page:

Denver (ZDV) Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Is not actually in the database. Someone created a table and entered all those frequencies, they never actually added them to the database itself. Therefore, there's nothing to search for.

Only the frequencies that start with Arizona RCAG Sites are part of the database. Everything at the top of the page in the FAA Reported Information for ZDV section is nothing but text and HTML.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Because that entry you're looking at:

LA JUNTA RCAG 134.12500 HIGH

On the ZDV page:

Denver (ZDV) Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Is not actually in the database. Someone created a table and entered all those frequencies, they never actually added them to the database itself. Therefore, there's nothing to search for.

Only the frequencies that start with Arizona RCAG Sites are part of the database. Everything at the top of the page in the FAA Reported Information for ZDV section is nothing but text and HTML.
This is not correct. All of the ARTCC frequencies are indeed in the database and downloadable via software built to access the database. The difference is that they were the original Nationwide frequencies and are in a class all by themselves. They are searchable but you must use "-Entire Database-" as the state you select to get the response you are looking for. This is not without a bug however, in that only the first entry in the ARTCC section will be returned. So searching for the 134.125 on the entire DB returns the entry in ZOB (PA) ARTCC section. I think I remember this being submitted as a bug previously but I will check later and if I can't find the report, I will resubmit it.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
This is where I usually run into these. Logging aero freqs. and CO db gets searched first and then if no joy, the entire db.

I have about a half-dozen "mystery freqs" and wonder if those will show up once this issue is resolved...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This is not correct. All of the ARTCC frequencies are indeed in the database and downloadable via software built to access the database. The difference is that they were the original Nationwide frequencies and are in a class all by themselves. They are searchable but you must use "-Entire Database-" as the state you select to get the response you are looking for. This is not without a bug however, in that only the first entry in the ARTCC section will be returned. So searching for the 134.125 on the entire DB returns the entry in ZOB (PA) ARTCC section. I think I remember this being submitted as a bug previously but I will check later and if I can't find the report, I will resubmit it.

I don't want to get in a back and forth about this, but for the purposes of the OP's question which related specifically to Colorado, and why he wasn't finding those frequencies in a search of Colorado, everything I said was 100% correct.

As it pertains to the Denver (ZDV) page, all of the frequencies listed at the top under FAA Reported Information for ZDV are in an HTML table, they are not entered in the DB under ZDV.

If you go to the Cleveland (ZOB) page, you will find that 134.125 is listed at the top of the page in a table like ZDV, but is also entered in the DB under Warren, PA - RCAG, which is why it returns in DB wide searches.

I just verified with 4 different software packages, and none of them were able to access 134.125 from ZDV, as I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.