• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Missing low channel numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I'm trying to decode from scratch the EDACS system WPIF934. There are four active voice frequencies and five apparently unused frequencies. My BCD396T only works on this system when I list the voice channels as LCN 17 through 20. Is this normal? Systems I found on RR list the LCNs beginning with 01.

856.7875 Control (presumably 16)
857.7875 17
858.7875 18
859.7875 19
860.7875 20

JungleJim

Is your area going through the Nextel rebanding at this time?

What I have seen done is both the old and new channels are put into the radio on the same system. The system will use the LCN of the channels as they are moved from old channel to new. This way only one channel is down at a time while the system stays online. When the move is all done they radios will all be programmed to take out the old channels.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
JungleJim said:
Is your area going through the Nextel rebanding at this time?

What I have seen done is both the old and new channels are put into the radio on the same system. The system will use the LCN of the channels as they are moved from old channel to new. This way only one channel is down at a time while the system stays online. When the move is all done they radios will all be programmed to take out the old channels.
Interesting idea that I hadn't thought of! I haven't heard much about rebanding in my area, in part no doubt because 800 MHz systems aren't too common here. The frequencies currently in use have been used for many years, as I've heard them with non-trunked scanners. I don't know how long the current LCNs have been assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.