Missing Motorola Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccems263

Our agency is missing a Motorola XTS 2500 radio programmed by KDOT to be used on the state digital tower. Is there a way to check and see if this radio has been used on a tower lately, or the last time it was used on a tower?

We aren't sure if the radio is lost or stolen. If there is a way to check and see if it's active on the system we will file a theft report.

Thanks in advance.

mgolden2

You could have your system admin change it's alias to something like "STOLEN" so that if or when it's keyed up you will know.

Or the system admin can disable the radio altogether thus making it useless on the system.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Our agency is missing a Motorola XTS 2500 radio programmed by KDOT to be used on the state digital tower. Is there a way to check and see if this radio has been used on a tower lately, or the last time it was used on a tower?

We aren't sure if the radio is lost or stolen. If there is a way to check and see if it's active on the system we will file a theft report.

Thanks in advance.

Have the system manager go into RCM and do a snapshot, that will show if it's turned on and what TG and site it's on.

DisasterGuy

Kevin hit the nail on the head. Anytime a radio is missing, it is critical that it be reported to the system manager immediately. Most systems have a procedure for these types of situations. As a system manager I find it very frustrating when I find out weeks (or months) later that a radio is MIA. There are ways to see if it is on, it will generally be regrouped or disabled until found and will generally be added to GEM and other missing/stolen databases. Do yourself and the system manager a favor and just report it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
KDOT will "brick" the radio as soon as they find out it is missing / stolen. Then, if they turn it on it is immediately disabled and can not be reactivated except by the KDOT administrator. As I understand it, once they are bricked they can't be reprogrammed or used at all until they are unlocked by the specific system administrator.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
It is better to report it missing and have it stunned. If found it can be unstunned and returned to service. Otherwise you have a radio out there with potential to be abused. If its stolen and stunned it is more or less worthless to anyone who tries to pass it off. Don't wait. It happens all the time and is usually resolved in a few days when the radio is found or recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.