Missing person searches in Travelers Rest area

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

There were two missing person searches up here on Saturday. Both were resolved before I was aware of them. One was almost in my backyard. Did anyone catch the tactical talk groups used? I only monitored GC fire dispatch clearing responding units after they were cancelled.

Bob

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
i was in my car and heard dispatch tell them to switch to UHF Tac 10. Never found it though.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Yes it was. I was driving so could not do much, but I did enable my scan list with the old analog frequencies and hear nothing. Wished I was at home with DSD running, it would be easy to find then. It was Medcomm dispatch, so defiantly or area here in T.R.

rescuecomm

With the multiband APX's on the units, the UHF legacy radios could be used for the S&R teams with everyone talking. I took those channels out of my UHF handhelds after moving out of my rescue squads AO. I might have to stick them back in on RX only for these situations.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Interesting today. I was headed home for lunch and heard a brush fire call for Belmont. They got there and requested Gannt for a back up.Belmont then ask for a TAC channel so they could talk to each other. Dispatch said what sounded like box 10. I am very hard of hearing, but was close to that. Came home, fired up DSD-Fastlane and they were talking on what I have as the South Grenville dispatch. Then it dawned on me, I have not seen a call from the south Grenville dispatch in a long time. Guessing they consolidated dispatch and are now using Medcom, and using the old talk group for a TAC channel.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
The talk group was 44462 for sure.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
As much zs I hate it, have to go back to windows at work,not enough time at home to liisten.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Rescuecomm Ops 10 is TG 44043, verified tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.