Missing plane at Burke Lakefront after takeoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Just saw on Fox 8 about a missing plane after takeoff at Burke. I'm at work which we monitor Unicom and have not heard a single broadcast, and I cannot pull the scanner out. I did see a USCG chopper was on scene from the news broadcast. Anybody know what channels they are operating on or any updates?

ind224

Six souls reported, the FlightAware track does not look good at all. I'm thinking flame out or fuel but a gust lock at night has happened before...

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Hearing some activity on 157.050.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Mike-KC8OWL

USCG is attempting to verify if the aircraft had a 406 MHz beacon as well as 121.5 - the rescue chopper advises hearing both

Mike-KC8OWL

USCG Rescue 6566 is flying a search pattern. Just confirmed the aircraft also had a 406 beacon onboard. Comms on freq that eorange identified above.

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Rescue 2004 out of Elizabeth City (C-130) took over about an hour ago and the Canadian C-130 went back. Current plan is to continue until nightfall and re-evaluate. Anyone hearing anything outside of 157.05?

RFI-EMI-GUY

I saw the news where the coast guard had mentioned receiving sporadic weak ELT signals. I wonder if anyone has tried using a sensitive receiver with CW or SSB detector to locate the plane. Using a product detector receiver is way more sensitive than an AM receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.