Missing Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Left Steamboat Springs headed to Sugarland, TX now CAP is searching the area from Steamboat to Trinidad.

Command post is at PAFB.

Active so far 148.150, Mac-17 and TG 2734.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Missing Aircraft U/D: Summit County SAR team all-call for a 6am ground search and CAP also moving communications CP into place and Nat Guard helo's from Eagle will also be assisting at first light.

Jim<

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Why on earth would this guy leave now? I would have waited. Small planes, weight and bad weather. Not a good combination. To think he never filed a flight plan is even more stupid.

If you have to call work or whatever saying the weather isn't good, then do so. Better then crashing..

I have to add that other than being a good pilot, being instrument rated you also need another skill. It's called know the weather!

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Talon-13 (NG Helo) now in the area using MRA 1 155.160 and air to air 123.100 and Summit County ops 4 154.995.

Also lots of ground SAR teams en route on ATV.

Jim<

Last edited:

Liverdog

Jim,

From what area are you hearing these ops? Also what tower for the TGs on DTRS?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I'm monitoring in Summit County and the TG's are affilated with Lake Hill Site 257.

But TG's should be active in the Springs and Montrose areas as well because there are ICP's there and radios affliated.

Jim<

Liverdog

Also hearing coordination activities on CAP repeater 149.5375 MHz (CAP Ch-4), "Blue Mesa" xxx units. Repeater location unkn.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Summit County U/D: A hiker has just located plane wreckage at 39.27.264 x 105.55.863 checking tail number now to confirm it's the plane that was missing en route Texas. O/F 154.995

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
SE face of Mount Guyot looks like it might be just Park County.

Jim<

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Just hit IPN here. The article said the following: "Young said Jacomini did not file a flight plan. No distress call was received."

No flight plan and either no ELT or inoperative ELT; bad combination. Tends to delay rescue if there are any survivors. Never a good idea flying anywhere, but especially in the mountains. If I were flying in the mountains I would spend the money and buy a personal EPIB.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.