Missing Raleigh area transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSC

I've experienced a problem w/my Pro-96 scanner where I've started missing dispatches, TAC channel transmissions, or both. This evening I heard 2 structure fire dispatches and never heard anything on the assigned TAC channels. Does anyone else ever experience anything like this? I've been told that it could be the location of the scanner within my house, the weather, or where I live. When I go to work in Raleigh I seem to catch all dispatches and TAC channels. Could this be a product of my control/alternates that I've programmed? Looking for ideas/suggestions and especially anyone else that has experienced this. It's not the scanner cause this is the 2'nd one I've had and they both did this.

I live in southeastern Wake county off hwy 50, near the 50-42 intersection..if that helps.

Scott

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hey Scott.
I emailed you back.
Send me a copy of your Pro96 setup and we will get it worked
out. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

WA4MJF

If it isn't a real fire, there is often nothing said on the TAC channel and when responding and clearing it is on Dispatch 1.

CSC

When a fire is dispatched to RFD and they are assigned a TAC channel you do hear units "en route" on the TAC channel AND a size-up, via the first unit on the scene. When RFD is dispatched to a medical call and the call is changed to "alpha" then yes, the EMS unit returns to the dispatch channel for further communications.

Thanks anyway. Maybe you are missing some TAC channel activity also ;)

WA4MJF

Ok, on RFD, I thought you were talking about rural departments. The Chief wants us to announce our status on the TAC/OPS channel so he can hear it, but sometimes we forget and only do it on Dispatch 1. Of course, we also comm on NEXTEL, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.