MISSING SDS100 - THOMASVILLE HIGH POINT AREA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris8video

My SDS100 has gone missing and may have been taken out of my car in High Point or Thomasville.

I'm trying to piece together a timeline of when, since it's been a few days since I realized it wasn't sitting in the car or my office.

It remotely possible I've just misplaced it in the house....but after 2 hours of searching the house, the cars and more, I think I either left it somewhere or it was taken.

It does have my name on the splash screen and I'll have the serial number too.

If you notice any for sale in the area / state / region - that may fit a too good price profile, let me know.

Thanks!

Chris

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Post the serial number. It's the only way a stolen scanner can be positively identified.

Soundman

Check the pawn shops .Show them the serial number and if thy don't gave it back tell them you will go to the police and have them deal with it . Thy will change there mind real fast . You have the serial number in your hand thy have to give it back to you .Thy have insurance it will cover the lose.

Last edited:

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Check the pawn shops .Show them the serial number and if thy don't gave it back tell them you will go to the police and have them deal with it . Thy will change there mind real fast . You have the serial number in your hand thy have to give it back to you .Thy have insurance it will cover the lose.

No, they don't. If you think it was stolen you need to file a police report with the agency that has jurisdiction where you believe it to have been stolen, and provide them with the serial number so that it can be entered into NCIC. If it shows up at a pawn shop, law enforcement will seize it and return it to you. The pawn shop isn't just going to hand it over to you.

Groeteschele

My SDS100 has gone missing and may have been taken out of my car in High Point or Thomasville.

I'm trying to piece together a timeline of when, since it's been a few days since I realized it wasn't sitting in the car or my office.

It remotely possible I've just misplaced it in the house....but after 2 hours of searching the house, the cars and more, I think I either left it somewhere or it was taken.

It does have my name on the splash screen and I'll have the serial number too.

If you notice any for sale in the area / state / region - that may fit a too good price profile, let me know.

Thanks!

Chris

Even if you see your radio in pawn shop or thrift shop maybe in America it is okay but to talk to shop owner in Bavaria like that without proof your radio was really stolen could lead to you being put under arrest for coercion. Always best to report your situation for what it really is missing property not stolen. Post it missing and offer reward and hope for the best. If it was stolen with police report some manufacturers might accept your police report if serial number shows and file it in case radio show up there for repair.

Bob1955

No, they don't. If you think it was stolen you need to file a police report with the agency that has jurisdiction where you believe it to have been stolen, and provide them with the serial number so that it can be entered into NCIC. If it shows up at a pawn shop, law enforcement will seize it and return it to you. The pawn shop isn't just going to hand it over to you.
NCIC-National Crime Identification Computer-Now we are talking. Someone smart here for once.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Bob1955

National Crime "Identification Computer" !!! I love how you just make this stuff up as you go....

My son is a LEO!
NCIC Is: National Crime Information Center. I used to work for the police from 1977-79.
It was a typo, fxdscon.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I sure hope it turns up. Odds are whoever has it will be like a hog staring at a stopwatch and they will eventually ask someone for help (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.