Missing Start Of Some Transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

infohou

Hello Folks,

Now that I am hearing all sorts of things on the 106 I have a scanning issue. I am missing the beginning of some of the conversations. I know this was discussed but I cannot find it. There is apparently some setting for the amount of time the radio spends trying to determine the transmission type. Anybody know where that is?

Thanks,
Robert

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If its a conventional freqy you need to set the "sq mode" the PL/DCS to search as the radio is looking for it...If its a EDACS trunk system the "EDAC TONE in the GLOB menu needs to be raised....

kel415

Premium Subscriber
pro106 setting

I had the same issue with my 106 doing that. Don't remember who told me but was here on RR.Push pgm,func,global, scrow down to 5th line at DG Int prime and set it to 20. It seem to help alot but Istill will miss some at times. lol

infohou

If its a conventional freqy you need to set the "sq mode" the PL/DCS to search as the radio is looking for it...If its a EDACS trunk system the "EDAC TONE in the GLOB menu needs to be raised....

Not following that. Where is that for a conv?

Thanks,
Robert

infohou

I had the same issue with my 106 doing that. Don't remember who told me but was here on RR.Push pgm,func,global, scrow down to 5th line at DG Int prime and set it to 20. It seem to help alot but Istill will miss some at times. lol

Trying that, thanks:)

SquierStrat

Or if your scanning a trunked system and conventional frequencies at the same time, the trunked system being active would cause a delay on conventional frequencies... no fixing that tho; thats just how scanners work

Status
Not open for further replies.