Missing Trunk System in Sentinal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
So I went to my local county and did not see any of the local trunk systems. I see the statewide P25 system for Michigan but none of the local trunk systems for Barry County Michigan. Why would they be missing? I thought it synced to the entire USA database.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure your county has their own system? A lot of areas are taking advantage of the statewide systems. Indiana is an example of that. I would look at the details of the Michigan Statewide system & see if your county has a set of talk groups assigned to them.

EDIT: I just looked & see Barry county in the Statewide system so That's probably where they're at!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Ah OK you mean

Consumers Energy shows up for me in Sentinel but not Bradford White. This is because no talkgroups have been submitted for Bradford White so therefore it will not show up in Sentinel until someone submits at least one talkgroup

nessnet

Premium Subscriber

Barry County (08) Common/Interop Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
3188 c74 D08COMCountywide Common (Mutual Aid all agencies) Interop
3189 c75 D08SPEV1Countywide Special Events 1 Interop
3229 c9d D08SPEV2Countywide Special Events 2 Interop
Barry County (08) Fire/EMS Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

13067 330b D08F911Central 9-1-1 Fire: Dispatch Fire Dispatch
13068 330c D08NFIRECentral 9-1-1 North Fire: Operations Fire-Tac
13069 330d D08SFIRECentral 9-1-1 South Fire: Operations Fire-Tac
3628 e2c D08E911Central 9-1-1 EMS: Dispatch EMS Dispatch
3620 e24 D08PENNHPennock Hospital Hospital
13742 35ae D08PG911Central 9-1-1 Fire Paging: Countywide All-Call Fire Dispatch
13743 35af D08PGYSYankee Springs: Fire and MFR Paging Fire Dispatch
Barry County (08) Law Enforcement Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

3187 c73 D08P911Central 9-1-1 Police - Dispatch Law Dispatch
3222 c96 D08LEINCentral 9-1-1 Police - L.E.I.N. Law Tac
3193 c79 D08PD108Sheriff's Dept. - Proprietary Law Talk
3230 c9e D08PDMPSheriff - Marine Patrol Law Tac
3074 c02 D08DRUGCountywide Narcotics Enforcement Common Law Tac
3224 c98 D08PD234Barry Twp. Police - Proprietary Law Tac
3225 c99 D08PD410Freeport Police - Proprietary Law Tac
3226 c9a D08PD464Hastings Police - Proprietary Law Tac
3227 c9b D08PD607Nashville Police - Proprietary Law Tac
3228 c9c D08PD685Prairieville Twp. Police - Proprietary Law Tac
Barry County (08) Kellogg Community College Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

13015 32d7 DE08KCC1Kellogg Community College - Fehsenfeld Center Schools
13016 32d8 DE08KCC2Kellogg Community College Schools

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ah OK you mean
View attachment 88301

Consumers Energy shows up for me in Sentinel but not Bradford White. This is because no talkgroups have been submitted for Bradford White so therefore it will not show up in Sentinel until someone submits at least one talkgroup
Correct. Uniden does not include systems with zero identified talkgroups in the database they provide for their database scanners.

You still have the option to add Bradford-White manually to a Favorites list, and set the system to ID Search. (That's if you have the DMR upgrade).
Using ID Search, instead of ID Scan, will let the scanner stop on any talkgroup it finds. Once you collect a few of them, identify their usage, and submit it to the database, then the system would be included in future updates once it is added by a DB Administrator.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So I went to my local county and did not see any of the local trunk systems. I see the statewide P25 system for Michigan but none of the local trunk systems for Barry County Michigan. Why would they be missing? I thought it synced to the entire USA database.

Sentinel does get its data from radio reference but its not automatic. You have to go in Sentinel and update the master database.

But in this case, @hiegtx pointed out, the system you can't see in sentinel has no submitted talkgroups and will not show up.

I'm lost. Bradford white has nothing to do with the state and they are not on the P25 states system so why would they be in their?
Be in there where? In trunked systems?

Bradford White is a corporation that resides in Barry County. Thats why its listed under "All trunked systems in Barry County" Does not matter if its commercial, federal, state or any other type.

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Yup, your correct. I don't see it in Sentinel. And a TG was added a month ago, It should be appearing in Sentinel, but it is not.. Has 4 LCN's and one TG, And it is a compatible LTR type too.. it meets the criteria for Uniden's DB yet is not included..
This is strange :unsure:
You could always add it manually (not complicated), or try 3rd Party programming software to import it..

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So I spent time and found a talk group, updated RR a month and it is in RR, I updated the databse in Sentinel , I show my Sentinel updated 9/6 and still nothing anywhere in Barry County.
Skud,
I noticed something odd here.
Look at Whiskey3's post above (post 10)
Ah OK you mean
View attachment 88301

That shows Bradford White, but tags it as a DMR system.

Now, look at the Barry County page as of today:
1599622619619.png
Bradford White is still listed under the Barry County Trunked systems, but now has suddenly been listed as an LTR system, not DMR as it was when Whiskey posted back on July 15th.

Around 7/15, the system was there, but had no talkgroup; it was listed as a DMR system. So, with no TGID listed, it was not in the Sentinel database.

Now, when you look at the system, it's acquired a talkgroup, but it also morphed into an LTR system, not the DMR as it was first listed.
I wonder if there is an issue in how it exists in the database. Is it not in Sentinel because, somehow, all the blanks were not filled in as regards to actual system type.

Also, when I tried to create the system, as an LTR, in Sentinel, I get a warning that the listed talkgroup, 0-00-101, is invalid for an LTR system. I modified it enough to be able to enter it, but likely what I have entered is not correct either.

See the attached exported *.hpe file. It's zipped (compressed) to meet forum requirements for posting a file. I have created a system three ways.
LTR
DMR One Frequency Trunked
DMR (MotoTRBO) Trunked.

Unzip the file using Windows Explorer or a file utility such as WinZip or 7-Zip. Then, import the file, Barry.hpe, into Sentinel, creating a Favorites list. You can use Barry, or any other name you want for the list (you specify the desired name during the import process). Then download the new list to your scanner, with it set to be both downloaded & monitored.

If the system really is DMR, and there are transmissions, you should see them show up in the One Frequency Trunked system. That system is set for ID Search (in case TGID 101 is not valid), and the color code is set as 'search'. If you see TGIDs on the OFT system, then use the LCN Finder under the Analyze Option of your SDS100 to determine the correct LCNs for the DMR (MotoTRBO) Trynked system. If you are seeing any talkgroups on the OFT DMR system, you should also see the color code in use. Using the System Status, under Analyze, would also identify the color code for you. With the correct color code added to the site on the DMR Trunked sample system, LCN finder should identify the LCNs in use. Depending on how busy the system is, that could take a while. You need at least some activity for the Finder to work, but not so much (an extremely busy system) that you cannot get an accurate read.

If zero results on the DMR OFT, then try LCN Finder on the sample LTR system. Again, let it go for awhile. You can see n the scanner display how many LCNs it has found.

I have all three systems set as "ID Search", so if there is activity, it should show up, As you identify talkgroups, then you can add them to whichever system type works, and delete the other systems. Be sure, once you can nail daown the correct system types, along with the LCNs and talkgroups, to submit the information to the database. What's in the database now is incorrect and/or incomplete.

Attachments

• Barry.zip
    713 bytes · Views: 1

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have all three systems set as "ID Search", so if there is activity, it should show up, As you identify talkgroups, then you can add them to whichever system type works, and delete the other systems. Be sure, once you can nail daown the correct system types, along with the LCNs and talkgroups, to submit the information to the database. What's in the database now is incorrect and/or incomplete.
i should also have emphasized, that if you find that the system type on the database is incorrect, be sure & include that information in your submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.