Missing VX2R. Hope this post is OK here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouffHong

Lost my beloved (grin) VX-2R a few weeks ago while at Walmart here in Ellijay, GA. Was either left stupidly behind or stolen out of my bag in the store power-wheelchair when the battery (in the Wheelchair, of course, as usual!) died mid-store and I was seeking someone to retrieve a better one.

I don't care if it's old, dusty and scratched, but hope someone has one available at a neccesary reasonable price. Best durn pocket-rig I ever owned! - At least I still have the manual and programming cable! :)

It had my name and address inside the battery compartment, but waiting until 2 weeks later, still no contact. :-(

Already contacted every store manager and the local PD/SO lost-and-founds to no avail.

Contact me at "tom [atsign] w4nov.us" (no spaces) preferably....

Tom, W4NOV
http://w4nov.com (our ham-family site)

N4JNW

Sorry to hear about your loss dude..... That sucks for real...

I was in a Wal-Mart one time with my VX-170, and saw a little gang of kids eyeballing it from the checkout aisle over..

I pulled it off my belt while they were watching and acted like a security officer talking on it and they QUICKLY looked the other way... Gotta love how gullible some can be.. LOL

WouffHong

I guess in a wheelchair/electric cart, i just didn't fit the image! ;-)
I see they're on sale w/ a coupon..
Now if can scrape up the shekels. ;-)
Tom

Last edited:

WouffHong

VX-2R Problem solved!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been licensed continuously since 1952, have Elmer'ed dozens, giving away tons of gear, but over the last 5 or so years, have sensed a decline in the brotherhood aspects in our hobby's members, yet 2 RR Forum members rose to the occasion with that brotherhood in mind, and let me put it this way: there is no longer a problem of WC-Mobile 2M/440 communications capabilities. :) -

God Bless you guys and the spark of brotherhood that has reappeared..

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.