Mission Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rburli

Hello everyone
I have a small request. I was trying to obtain what the freqs that Mission Mountain railroad uses in Flathead County, Montana. All the other advice I was given to date. " Put all the AAR freqs in the scanner and see what pops up". If someone has the information I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
Bobby

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
AAR 4545 they interchange with BNSF on 7070. Want a timetable? I can pm you one.

SAR923

AAR 4545 they interchange with BNSF on 7070. Want a timetable? I can pm you one.

Can you tell me what AAR channels those are? I've never seen any AAR channels with four number designations.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
it usually shows up on class 1 display readouts so that the input and output is the same. The PBX freq have a split readout like 4523 if the output is 45 and the input freq is 23. Most timetables reflect this 4 digit designation

SAR923

OK, but rather than confuse people by what shows up on a railroad radio digital readout, why not post that MMRR uses AAR channel 45 and the interchange channel with the BNSF is AAR 70? People unfamiliar with what a railroad radio readout looks like are going to be even more confused looking up AAR 4545 in the wiki.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
OK, but rather than confuse people by what shows up on a railroad radio digital readout, why not post that MMRR uses AAR channel 45 and the interchange channel with the BNSF is AAR 70? People unfamiliar with what a railroad radio readout looks like are going to be even more confused looking up AAR 4545 in the wiki.

Because they are using 4545 and 7070.

They could be using 7623 or any other combination. If you were only listening to one then you would miss half the conversation.

EDIT: And actually the explanation is already in the WiKi... At the top of the conversion chart.

Rburli

Thanks

Thank you to all who responded to my request.In the process I learned a couple more things about how the railroad conducts business with regards to communications.

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.