Mississauga/Caledon Fire Pager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
nova1010 said:
City of Guelph Mike.
From what i seen in the Database buddy its the outline areas of Guelph that uses the pager... But Try out PDW for a few days and lets see what you get...

nova1010

fire pager for Guelph

Chrome69 said:
From what i seen in the Database buddy its the outline areas of Guelph that uses the pager... But Try out PDW for a few days and lets see what you get...

Yes I have the BCT7 up and running PDW now,see what happens. thanks Brian

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Guelph City's stations are dispatched using call alerts on the Guelph Fleetnet tower.

If you run trunker, you can see them.

I'm pretty sure Guelph isn't using alphanumeric pagers for the volunteers either. I think you'll need a scanner that does tone out.

wyldman

Chrome69 said:
1090004 Car No Such car?

Yes,there is.Just listen to some Miss fire calls,there is a car 109.

I haven't had PDW running (mostly using the pagers now) to see the actual capcodes.

There is a call going on right now,car 109 in command.If anyone is running PDW right now,see if you can look up the capcode.

I noticed I would miss the odd Miss page,yet I would hear the traffic on the radio,so I knew something was going on.I was using the capcodes for all the other cheif cars,but not car 109.

I should run PDW again,and see if I can verify the exact capcode.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I've got every apparatus with it's corresponding cap-code at home. I'll post it when I get home.

FYI - there is a C109 capcode. I just don't recall off the top of my head what it is.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I'm tapped! :D

I'd like to say thanks to all involved in this post, I tapped a PRO 2026 tonight and have now entered the world of digital message rx...

I must say, I LOVE the internet heh heh...

Now to see what turns my crank the most...this ACARS thing sounds interesting...

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Yup well, in my absent mindedness...I forgot to bring those capcodes to work. I did manage to show up 2 hours early though. Tomorrow. I promise!!

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
For some reason I've never been able to get PDW to work. I can get 100% on wondows trunker, but PDW doesn't work with the exact same setup.

Sometimes it will decode a blip here and there, other times nothing at all. :mad:

What do you guys recommend for troubleshooting it ?

How do I know what setting to use for the interface setup ?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Using anything windows for slicer decoding is generally a BAD idea.

Pocflex for DOS is the best free program I've come across.

wyldman

PDW is fine in Windows as long as you have a decent CPU,and not too much else going on while using it.While it is not a real processor intensive program,if it can't get enough resources right when it needs to decode,it will decode garbage.

The only trouble I have had it getting the levels set up right.First off,you need a good antenna,for a strong signal.Then the key is getting the microphone volume set just right.It takes some playing around to get it right.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have the line-in volume all the way up. My setup works perfect with windows trunker, but PDW just sits there and does nothing. I have a good strong signal on 6400 & 3200 900 MHz FLEX.

wyldman

Don't use the line in,use the mic in.

Go into the options.there are a few different options for discriminator inputs.Try all of them until you find one that works for you.

I find the mic volume somewhere in the middle is a good starting point.Make sure the mic boost is off,or it will cause bad pages.

Are you sure the options are set to decode POCSAG ? Set it for POCSAG 512,and nothing else.

nova1010

exkalibur said:
Using anything windows for slicer decoding is generally a BAD idea.

Pocflex for DOS is the best free program I've come across.

Well Im running PDW through a slicer here ,haven't had any problems yet on an indoor

antenna,through the tap of a BCT7,also curious as to why this would be a bad idea.

Last edited:

wyldman

Anyone seen a capcode for a Miss Car 103 ? I was just listening,and a "Car 103" came across an accident and called it in.No page was sent,as it was not a dispatched call for that car.I've never heard any reference to a Car 103,could this be new ? or maybe a spare car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.