Mississauga Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
I mainly use the King Fleetnet tower for my listening needs... York, Peel, and Oshawa EMS. Any tips on (without adding another system) being able to listen to MIS SOUTH as well? It doesn't seem to be affiliated with the King tower (even though MIS NORTH) is.

Thanks

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
This has probably been asked a thousand times here, but...

With the BC246T, is there any way of programming the Mississauga tower without creating a whole new system? At this time, I have a bunch of control channel freqs programmed into the one Fleetnet system... but as far as I know, it's only using the King tower.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If the 246 behaves the same as the 396, it locks on a given control channel (within one system) until either it is power-cycled or until the CC freq is completely unreadable - only then does it look thru the frequency list for other CCs. I have my radio set up similarly here in Calgary for our six-site Smartzone system. Even if I am directly underneath a tower booming out a strong CC, if my scanner was powered up in range of a more distant CC and it can still "hear" that one, it sticks with the original CC until I power it off and then on again.

I don't know if the game plan changes with you monitoring a VHF trunk vs. the 800 system I listen to. It might be worth your while to put whatever CCs you want into your one system for Fleetnet, and maybe - and I don't know if this will work, or is possible - set the attenuator "on" for the distant CCs, so they are less likely to be picked up when you're closer to another tower.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Other towers that carry Mississauga are Hamilton's from time to time you will hear Peel S calls on it,
B-fad as well might.

wyldman

You need to set each tower up as a separate system.

Just copy the Fleenet system you have set up already,then redo the control channels and rename it to match the tower you are programming it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.