Mississaugas cacc t/g on the Hamilton tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have heard on occasion the above mentioned talkgroup active on the Hamilton Fleetnet tower but occasionally something 'strange' (to me) happens.

A few times last night and on other occasions the talkgroup cuts out abruptly. As it cuts out the scanner I use (396) makes a cracking sound, like someone quickly dropping a mic.

Is this because a EMS unit is no longer affiliating with the tower I am monitoring and the unit has left Hamilton 'air space?' Peel S is not a fixture on Hamilton's tower but often enough units have to go to OTMH or Georgetown.

Anyone ever hear this or have an explanation?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
What your theory is, is pretty much spot on.

There was a radio that was causing whatever talkgroup to show up on the Hamilton tower. That radio either timed out, de-affiliated, or was re-affiliated on another tower, causing it to drop from the Hamilton site.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
What your theory is, is pretty much spot on.

There was a radio that was causing whatever talkgroup to show up on the Hamilton tower. That radio either timed out, de-affiliated, or was re-affiliated on another tower, causing it to drop from the Hamilton site.

Wow Mike I know something !!!

:)

It only happens with Peel S talkgroup so far.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
i alwats hear hamilton cacc on mowat...not sure why

I have heard this as well.

Since I might be 1/1 today I will push my luck.

Would 35600 affiliate with Mowat because there is Hamilton EMS units doing transfers in & around the GTA?

VE3RADIO

I have heard this as well.

Since I might be 1/1 today I will push my luck.

Would 35600 affiliate with Mowat because there is Hamilton EMS units doing transfers in & around the GTA?

Most of the calls i hear on Mowat are local dispatch.. no idea why.. my thought was that perhaps since it is a clear shot across the lake, it picks up the mowat tower better when the ambulances are on the mountain..

limopete

Mississauga CACC is operating out of Hamilton CACC (for about 5 months now) due to a problem with the centre in Mississauga. Not sure if that effects anything

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Mississauga CACC is operating out of Hamilton CACC (for about 5 months now) due to a problem with the centre in Mississauga. Not sure if that effects anything

Wow a blast from the past!

Nothing out of the ordinary seems to have changed. Peel South is now always active off Charlton but not Peel N.
Halton EMS are always on 35792 and Patches for Halton Region hospitals are heard on T3 or the individual hospital patch t/g.

slicerwizard

A few times last night and on other occasions the talkgroup cuts out abruptly. As it cuts out the scanner I use (396) makes a cracking sound, like someone quickly dropping a mic.
That's because the site doesn't broadcast a disconnect tone. Since nobody is listening, why bother?

i alwats hear hamilton cacc on mowat...not sure why
Monitor the site with TRUNK88 and you'll know exactly why.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
That's because the site doesn't broadcast a disconnect tone. Since nobody is listening, why bother?

Monitor the site with TRUNK88 and you'll know exactly why.

I dont have the chance to monitor Mowat Andy
Why dont you elighten us commoners :)

mciupa

Database Admin
I usually hear the Hamilton East t/g's on Mowat.

Status
Not open for further replies.