mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyCoward

why do out state people have to run post approve all info that goes on here ? why cant someone who lives in this state post all info to about this state is no one willing to do it or no one is interested or no one has been approved by radio ref people? why cant it be posted in or on discussion form even if not verified ? I thought this site was where people could come and post like on craigslist that it up to the person posting things as to be correct ;and legit I suppose if it was a free post system then there would be no need for legal crap or paid membership . some other sites a person can post what freq people are using as a guide to go by and if not correct anyone could change it like weicapieda . free and free to change info free to add info wheather or not verified liks aself regulated system . I guess here they are paying people to do it . at 73 I am not tec savy or know enough about computers or new scanners to say but just what I know its like new car its all changed ya got be a computer or communications engineer of which I am not I just know what I learned in 73 years and I guess I am behind times . or some people want keep secrets so only they know how to do things cause if other people knew then their jobs could be on the line or they want control aspects of things so the general public knows nothing about it I don't trust people that want control things or of a certain group like a clique only for their circle of friends or the elite common people have right to know or change with out fear of reprisal like cutting the yard it don't matter how it got done as long as it was completed by some one common man or billion heir and share in the process. just my opinion and observation understanding not ment to hurt any one just understand them

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Randy, you are free to post whatever information you want to the Mississippi forum or any other forum on here. Nobody has to approve anything.

As for the database, there are local admins who enter the information into the database from submissions like yours. If your submission has been rejected then ask the Admin who rejected it what was wrong with it. If you still don't understand, then ask a question in the forums and others can try to explain it to you.

RandyCoward

ok. will try to . will try my own web page for Mississippi freq and things only like my facebook page using it for scanner related local things letting every one do their thing on it at first like social media posts and info or asking my nephew to set up one or my friend at wlbt tv in jxn or a local group for Mississippi local info sponsored by me thru my local att@bellsouth.net

ssmartt

Randy, you are free to post whatever information you want to the Mississippi forum or any other forum on here. Nobody has to approve anything.

As for the database, there are local admins who enter the information into the database from submissions like yours. If your submission has been rejected then ask the Admin who rejected it what was wrong with it. If you still don't understand, then ask a question in the forums and others can try to explain it to you.

My account is new and the first two posts (replies to existing threads) did not show up immediately and there was a message about a moderator needing to approve the post. The reply eventually showed up, I guess someone actually did manually approve it. I'm assuming it's to prevent spam and that it will go away after a few manually verified posts.

Wonder if this one will go through...

scanphreak

why do out state people have to run post approve all info that goes on here ?

randy every forum has specific people assigned to be a moderator, they are not required to be a resident of the state for the forum in which they moderate. For example, (milf) lives in indiana, but he use to live in mississippi, and has been very active on the mississippi forums and as a moderator. It's his responsibility to make sure that the forum remains on the correct course. Even though he physically doesn't live in the state anymore he has a wealth of knowledge about what is happening here in mississippi with regards to two way communications.

You can use the mississippi forum to discuss ***anything*** relevant to radio reference within the state. The database is the only place where when you submit additions or changes require a moderator (milf being one) who approve and add to the database. Discuss everything openly in here if you wish.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Imagine if just anybody could change frequencies and other information in the database without any coordination or verification, it would be a mess and very inaccurate. This site prides itself on accuracy.

All the site and forum rules are well posted. You may want to read them.

I don't know what secrets you are referring to. This is the most informative site I have ever come across and it is all from member submissions. Sometimes there is too much info here, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.