Missoula County Montana - FCC Licenses Listed in the Radio Reference Database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone can help me out.

I manually entered all of the conventional frequencies into my Uniden BCD436HP scanner.
for Missoula Electric Cooperative.

All information was from -

IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional

1 - KOK258
158.130000 - 158.250000

2 - WQTP839
451.200000 - 451.837500 - 452.337500 - 462.062500 - 463.762500

I copied the License numbers, the Frequencies, the location of the transmitter and the lattitude and longitude of it.
and pasted it into a favorites list that I created.

Now I want to do the same for the trunked frequencies for
Missoula Electric Cooperative.

YG - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked

1 WQOL751 - TV Mountain

2 - WQPX929 - West Cramer Creek

2 - WQPF630 - Upper Miller Creek Road

How can I do this ?

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In order to program these frequencies in a trunked system, you'll first need to determine what type system they are using. Unfortunately, the only information from the license data is that they are licensed for a trunked system, and are not licensed for DMR or NXDN. (That does not guarantee that neither DMR or NXDN is used, but does make it less likely. In my area, there have been a handful of companies and agencies that are using a format, like DMR, that they were not licensed for, but that's not a large number.)

You might ask that your thread be moved to the Montana forum. Possibly someone closer to you may have already solved the same problem. To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

I would, first, program the frequencies conventionally, just to see if they are actually being used. If so, and they are using them in a trunked system, then you might need to use Unitrunker, or one of the other software programs, to accurately identify the system type.

While I don't see a trunked system, in your state, for the parent company, Northwestern (the licenses are in their name), I do see one in a couple of northwest Wyoming counties:

That's an MPT-1327 system. No current scanner can monitor that type of system. It's much more common in Europe, but there a few systems in the U.S. using that format.

In order to program these frequencies in a trunked system, you'll first need to determine what type system they are using. Unfortunately, the only information from the license data is that they are licensed for a trunked system, and are not licensed for DMR or NXDN. (That does not guarantee that neither DMR or NXDN is used, but does make it less likely. In my area, there have been a handful of companies and agencies that are using a format, like DMR, that they were not licensed for, but that's not a large number.)

You might ask that your thread be moved to the Montana forum. Possibly someone closer to you may have already solved the same problem. To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

I would, first, program the frequencies conventionally, just to see if they are actually being used. If so, and they are using them in a trunked system, then you might need to use Unitrunker, or one of the other software programs, to accurately identify the system type.

While I don't see a trunked system, in your state, for the parent company, Northwestern (the licenses are in their name), I do see one in a couple of northwest Wyoming counties:

That's an MPT-1327 system. No current scanner can monitor that type of system. It's much more common in Europe, but there a few systems in the U.S. using that format.

Thanks for your help --I am new to this

I was told that this would be a better place to add my posts for more
visability.

This is what I was doing:

I manually entered all of the conventional frequencies into my Uniden BCD436HP scanner.
for Missoula Electric Cooperative.

All information was from -

IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional

1 - KOK258
158.130000 - 158.250000

2 - WQTP839
451.200000 - 451.837500 - 452.337500 - 462.062500 - 463.762500

I copied the License numbers, the Frequencies, the location of the transmitter and the lattitude and longitude of it.
and pasted it into a favorites list that I created.

1 WQOL751 - TV Mountain

How can I do this ?

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Not sure why you would want to program something from scratch when it's already in the database.

Hello-
It is not in the sentinal database.
If it was,it would have populated everything ,so it could then be downloaded to my favorites list.

What I was referencing was the FCC licenses for the various agencies.

I appreciate your feedback

freqhopping

1 WQOL751 - TV Mountain

How can I do this ?

Thanks

The first thing I would do is enter all the associated frequencies conventionally. Scan those and determine which are the control channels (if Motorola) and what type of system it is. Mostly likely either Motorola or LTR.

Then in your favorites list add a new system of the appropriate type. Create the three sites within that system and add the frequencies for each.

Create a new department to add talkgroups to when you ID them.

In the system options set ID search to On and Hold Time to 2 sec.

If it turns out to be an LTR system then you will need to determine the LCN order for the frequencies. You can use the LCN Finder function within the Analyze function in the Menu.

Submit findings to RR DB.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

How can I do this ?

Thanks

Location 1 FCC Callsign WQOL751 (NORTHWESTERN CORPORATION)

Location 2 FCC Callsign WQPX929 (NORTHWESTERN CORPORATION)

Location 3 FCC Callsign WQPF630 (NORTHWESTERN CORPORATION)

Set up a conventional system first
create a new department for each location
add the FB frequencies from the licenses in the respective departments
monitor for traffic, note which, if any frequencies actually are active and what the signal type or tone if any might be reported.

If the system type is determined by monitoring conventionally LTR or Motorola then follow @freqhopping 's advice posted above, enter each license into it's own site.. You have to run the LCN Finder on one site at a time if LTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.