Missouri Anolog Mutual Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
Kinda Strange some sheriffs depts still use anolog mutual aid. I heard Stone county from my base antenna over 96 miles away and Polk county also still uses anolog mutual aid. Don't understand why there not on the MOSWIN system?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Kinda Strange some sheriffs depts still use anolog mutual aid. I heard Stone county from my base antenna over 96 miles away and Polk county also still uses anolog mutual aid. Don't understand why there not on the MOSWIN system?

Be glad, if they did move to Moswin, chances are you will never hear them again as they may never affiliate to a Moswin tower within your range.
Moswin is nice but there are still plenty of situations where a standard analog frequency beats Moswin hands down.
Systems like Moswin can have their advantages but at the same time, a Moswin system can greatly reduce what you may be used to monitoring.
I can receive several dozen analog departments from Illinois as well as Missouri. Once any of those move to Starcom or Moswin, I'll likely never hear them again.

Arkmood

Don't understand why there not on the MOSWIN system?
Still a newbie to the MOSWIN system and Missouri anolog radio comms in general... but it's my understanding that Stone County Sheriff uses MOSWIN Interop Calling (Region D IO TGs) for most mutal aid - Although a different Unit ID-1133995i, sounds like same the operator as Stone County Sheriff's Dispatch-1133996i...
Anyway - for those interested, log of MOSWIN Unit IDs/Radio IDs for Region D Counties monitored during - "Region D IO Roll Call":
Barry Co. 1049042i
Dallas Co. 1049047i
Lawrence Co. 1049052i
Christine Co. 1049044i
Jasper Co. 1049049i
Taney Co. 1134089i
Barton Co. 1049043i
Stone Co. 1133995i
Vernon Co. 1049053i

Arkmood

Some additional information: Reoriented VHF antenna, and Stone County Sheriff Dispatch VHF 155.580 analog is crosspatched to TG 30903 digital MOSWIN for their 8:00AM (approx. time dependent upon traffic) 'Shift Broadcast', and alerts for Stone/surrounding counties. Having said that, will attempt to confirm if same is true for mutual aid VHF/Interop Calling...
Thanks to @436isthe1 for his contribution - assumed Stone County Sheriff Dispatch VHF freqs were inactive.

JRsTheMAN

Some additional information: Reoriented VHF antenna, and Stone County Sheriff Dispatch VHF 155.580 analog is crosspatched to TG 30903 digital MOSWIN for their 8:00AM (approx. time dependent upon traffic) 'Shift Broadcast', and alerts for Stone/surrounding counties. Having said that, will attempt to confirm if same is true for mutual aid VHF/Interop Calling...
Thanks to @436isthe1 for his contribution - assumed Stone County Sheriff Dispatch VHF freqs were inactive.
I am moving into Stone County. Curious if there anything else 155.580 used for other than the 8AM shift broadcast?

Arkmood

Have monitored BOLOs (be-on-the-lookout) and countywide/surrounding counties alerts... monitored one mobile pursuit (vhf)-but switched back to MOSWIN bc of some interrupted/interference recepetion, Stone County Sheriff (dispatchers/Sheriff Deputies) handled it all well. Appears radio comms/vhf (large area and topographical features), are spotty in Stone County - MOSWIN comms seem to be fine. Encryption (rarely used/MOSWIN), in line with Sherrif mandates...

Status
Not open for further replies.