Missouri Conservation Radio Identifiers For Boone County On MOSWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

17TLS02

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening to Troop F Dispatch and i figured since Turkey season is this weekend that i would post the radio identifiers for Conservation Agents in Boone County. Ranger 14 is one of the rangers that is in Boone County I have heard him saying before that he will be putting his boat in at Eagle Bluffs (In Boone Co.) and would be doing permit checks on hunters. There is also another Ranger 13 and i have heard him saying over Troop F Dispatch 1 several times what the other guy above was saying. If you have any questions just send me a Private Message it maybe Sunday afternoon before i get to it though.

dfbarnes

Still are 600-series radio numbers, and they don't all use MOSWIN. Some of them use County dispatch for whichever County they're assigned to. You might monitor Boone County some and see if you hear them.

Most of them use "Conservation 600" instead of just "600" on the radio.

Edit to add that a lot of them don't use the radio much at all to begin with.

wb0wao

In Troop E, the DNR Rangers ID as "Ranger xx", the Dept. of Conservation Rangers ID as "Conservation xx", and the US Forest Service Rangers ID as "FS xx". All of them use MOSWIN, with the DNR and USFS heard daily, and the DOC Rangers are heard every so often. They are normally on talk group 55 (Troop E Dispatch - North).

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Conservation Rangers are using 700 series numbers here.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Also don't forget the old VHF statewide frequencies that the forestry/park rangers etc used to use. They are still using them in the Bennett Spring State Park area. Though it could just be a simulcast of their MOSWIN channels.

BTW While in the park my 396xt with or without my car mounted antenna has trouble picking up any MOSWIN signal. The park does lay pretty low so I am guessing that could be part of my problem.

So, just saying, don't forget the old frequencies. Some are still in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.