Mitsubishi Wide Screen Projection TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyclark

Premium Subscriber
A big screen has popped up on Craig's list free, broken mirror. Mirrors are another thing that goes in those TV's. They spin so fast.

Essexscan

are you saying the purple film covers most of the screen except 2-3 inch section on the outer edge? From what I've read these sets have many color and focus adjustments other than the ones accessed through the onscreen menu and are individually adjustable for each video input. It may be worth your while to buy a AVIA video calibration Disc or pay to have a professional video tech to do it for you. Google Video calibration Misubishi

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
are you saying the purple film covers most of the screen except 2-3 inch section on the outer edge?

Bingo! That is exactly whay I am saying!
From what I've read these sets have many color and focus adjustments other than the ones accessed through the onscreen menu and are individually adjustable for each video input. It may be worth your while to buy a AVIA video calibration Disc or pay to have a professional video tech to do it for you. Google Video calibration Misubishi

I will try it, thanks!

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Manny:
Inquiring minds want to know..... Any results?

I have tried any and all adjustment suggestions using service manual, tried the DVD thing, so far nothing! It may end up being the tubes. I have let it go for a few weeks so it doesn't drive me nuts. The kids love it no matter what. We all play Wii together on it.

Manny

tonyclark

Premium Subscriber
I have tried any and all adjustment suggestions using service manual, tried the DVD thing, so far nothing! It may end up being the tubes. I have let it go for a few weeks so it doesn't drive me nuts. The kids love it no matter what. We all play Wii together on it.

Manny

Family time together....Priceless. Sounds like it's working fine to me

mjw357

Adjusting the gain on the green tube may make the center portion more color balanced, and make the outer edges off-color. That may be more acceptable since your eyes would normally tend to focus on the center portion of the screen. Or turn the blue and red down.

travisd

Just a suggestion - there's a guy over on AVSForum "Mr. Bob" who's in the business of (and passionate about) keeping these gentle giants alive. He's pretty good at internet diagnosis, and will (for a fee) do telephone (and in-person) consultations/repairs. I don't have one, but from what I've read over time, the order of operations with these seems to be Cleaning -> Adjustment -> Physical repair (if necessary - e.g. coolant) -> Electrical repair (certain IC's are known to need replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.