Mitt Romney says "Hams are not needed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Have we ever had a President of The United States that has been a licensed ham radio operator? Hams not needed? Wrong Answer.If Romney wants to say this about Hams back in 2005 then maybe we do not need Romney for President of The United States of America.Just my two cents worth.

Again, if you had bothered to read the earlier responses to this thread, you would know that he has changed his stance: A tale about ham radio, Mitt Romney, Google+, and Twitter -

Thayne

It is always good to change your stance; it keeps your appendages from falling asleep---:p

Robinsmark

Public Service And Recent East Coast Events

Since 1999 I have helped out with communications as a Ham during Hurricane Floyd, the 911 attacks, an the August 2011 hurricane. Back then I sensed appreciation for MY/OUR efforts. Even got an award from my county OEM for my service .It has not been that way since the 911 attacks. . l can tell you our help is NOT Wanted! Weather Romney's remarks are out of context or not, the attitude that was attributed to his remarks is factual. Government wants nothing to do with us as hams and that is the prevailing attitude. I have seen it with my own eyes and no longer volunteer to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.