Mixed mode Grissom ARB repeater

west-pac

Can anyone find a record of 140.050Mhz in use at Grissom ARB? I've looked thru the RRDB for Grissom ARB, and Miami county, but I didn't see it listed.

I found it yesterday on P25, TG:1, NAC:293, with 4 radios logged. RID starting with 2060XXX and 2061XXX, which are similar (probably the same) to RIDs found on Grissom's 138Mhz P25 system.

This morning I put 140.050Mhz into an analog scanner, and I'm hearing the Grissom ARB fire dept, and Crash Units, calling a dispatcher and telling them they'll be out at the FD's training grounds. This traffic is heard on analog FM.

Since I'm receiving all of this radio traffic, base and mobiles, from 40 miles away, I presume this is a mixed mode repeater. Other listeners in the area should be able to monitor it as well.

west-pac

An aircraft just declared Emergency and landed at Grissom ARB. 140.050Mhz analog FM was used by Grissom FD and Crash units to coordinate response with the ATC tower. I didn't hear any tones drop on that frequency, so I'm not sure how Crash/FD alerting is done. The aircraft had 26,000 pounds of fuel, so I would think it was a big aircraft. It was talking to the tower on 133.7Mhz, so I would guess it's a civilian aircraft as well. I didn't hear why it declared Emergency, but after it landed and stopped Crash/FD units were looking for any hydraulic leaks. I presume it was something related to hydraulic fluid or pressure. The aircraft taxied under its own power to the maintenance area, after being declared safe.