Mixed mode Grissom ARB repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

Can anyone find a record of 140.050Mhz in use at Grissom ARB? I've looked thru the RRDB for Grissom ARB, and Miami county, but I didn't see it listed.

I found it yesterday on P25, TG:1, NAC:293, with 4 radios logged. RID starting with 2060XXX and 2061XXX, which are similar (probably the same) to RIDs found on Grissom's 138Mhz P25 system.

This morning I put 140.050Mhz into an analog scanner, and I'm hearing the Grissom ARB fire dept, and Crash Units, calling a dispatcher and telling them they'll be out at the FD's training grounds. This traffic is heard on analog FM.

Since I'm receiving all of this radio traffic, base and mobiles, from 40 miles away, I presume this is a mixed mode repeater. Other listeners in the area should be able to monitor it as well.

west-pac

An aircraft just declared Emergency and landed at Grissom ARB. 140.050Mhz analog FM was used by Grissom FD and Crash units to coordinate response with the ATC tower. I didn't hear any tones drop on that frequency, so I'm not sure how Crash/FD alerting is done. The aircraft had 26,000 pounds of fuel, so I would think it was a big aircraft. It was talking to the tower on 133.7Mhz, so I would guess it's a civilian aircraft as well. I didn't hear why it declared Emergency, but after it landed and stopped Crash/FD units were looking for any hydraulic leaks. I presume it was something related to hydraulic fluid or pressure. The aircraft taxied under its own power to the maintenance area, after being declared safe.

DatedGore

I live just a few miles away from Grissom, if you need me to check out any frequencies I can.

west-pac

I live just a few miles away from Grissom, if you need me to check out any frequencies I can.

I submitted the 140.050Mhz FM Grissom FD frequency this week.

I noticed the DOC - Miami Correctional facility talkgroups are still not in the RRDB yet. If you want to give SAFE-T site 92, I believe, a listen. I believe their talkgroup numbers are going to be 2400-2405 or so, and probably follow the same pattern as the other DOC facilities TGs. I submitted the site data last year, or earlier this year, but I didn't hang out in the area long enough to document their TG usage. I believe TG 2401 is the most popular used TG, so that's probably their "Control" TG.

If you wanted to work on that, that would be appreciated. If not, I'll get over there again sometime next year and try to document them.

west-pac

I was wrong about the DOC - Miami TG numbers anyway. They're ~12501-12505.

Status
Not open for further replies.