Mixing P25 TRS, DMR and NXDN together on 1 fav list

Hi all,
as mentioned above can you mix P25 ‘TRS’, DMR and NXDN in one favourite list.

I tried adding a P25II trunking system with the correct NAC code to a favourite list which has conventional frequencies and I couldn’t hear anything. Showing in the display was full signal strength and DAT which is correct because I have this system in its ‘own favourite list‘ and it works perfect. I think the problem is adding a P25 TRS to a favourite list which has conventional frequencies can’t be done because there is no way of adding a bandplan. I think you can add a P25 frequency but not a TRS.

I just want to add, when I do a quick search hold on that P25 TRS frequency, it pauses displays DAT and again full signal strength. It seems like the scanner 536HP is not CC searching when on the CC frequency. The scanner will receive non CC frequencies to that system just not the TRS CC. Strange.

Thank’s

Anthony.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
as mentioned above can you mix P25 ‘TRS’, DMR and NXDN in one favourite list.
Yes. You can have all flavors in the same favorites list.

I tried adding a P25II trunking system with the correct NAC code to a favourite list which has conventional frequencies and I couldn’t hear anything.

Did you enter the trunked system in as a trunked system?

OK fixed it.

What I had to do is start a new System in a favourite list I already had programmed. Then it let me choose all flavours. It works.

FWIW, Ithought the 536HP has the capability to mix flavours without adding new Systems for each flavour. That’s is what I first tried.
Thank you.

Last edited:
What else I-have noticed is you can mix all flavours in a favourite list EXCEPT P25 TRS without starting a new system in the same list. If you want to add a P25 TRS to a list which already has analog conventional and other digital flavours you have to start a new system. Which when you think about it is understandable.
Are forever learnin, but it’s fun.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Each flavor needs to be in its own system so it's not just limited to P25 trs. Any trunked system, ie: Nxdn, P25, Edacs,Motorola etc, need to be entered in as a system.

1674131846352.png

With conventional freqs, you can mix any combo you like all in one system so you can have P25, Nxdn, Dmr all in the same system because you can define the flavor for each freq in the audio options. Conventional is the system type for conventional freqs of any supported flavor.

1674131441053.png

If you have not seen this, it's nicer than the book that came with your scanner. Since yours is a Uniden UBCD536-PT, I believe all the basic stuff is the same as the Bcd536HP. I am sure if someone knows different they will add to this post.

Yes thanks Dave I know of Marks Scanners. It’s a great site.

one question, if I want to start a DMR TRS (DT3) System all I can see in the System drop down menu is DMR one frequency. Do I use this because there is nothing else for DMR I can use. A company I listen to uses DT3. I suspect this is DMR TRS.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Disregard the previous question Dave. I did a search and DT3 doesn’t mean it’s a DMR tier 3 system, it could just be a generic Tier III system by any other manufacturer.

Last edited: