MLSS question

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Whenever a Mobile Life unit comes to Albany, I can hear their traffic (usually the Ulster talkgroup) via the Pinnacle site.

I have noticed that, after a dispatch to a call, the dispatcher often says, "Switch over."

To what are they switching?

trauma74

Mobile Life covers several different counties, with several different radio systems. So, for example, in Orange County, OC 911 needs an ALS unit for a call in Goshen, OC 911 enters the call into the County CAD, Mobile Life Dispatch gets the call from the County CAD and assigns a unit to the call. Mobile Life Dispatch gives the call out on their radio system and then tells the unit to switch over to the Orange County EMS frequency and notify OC 911 that they are responding to the call.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Whenever a Mobile Life unit comes to Albany, I can hear their traffic (usually the Ulster talkgroup) via the Pinnacle site.

I have noticed that, after a dispatch to a call, the dispatcher often says, "Switch over."

To what are they switching?

If its on the Ulster Talkgroup, they are more then likely switching over to Ulster 155.175, or Kingston FD's channel.

Mbk127k

You will also hear When a unit is responding to an area that they are primary to and that city doesn't have a dispatch or if it's a private call or a nursing home emergency you'll hear them tell the unit to remain on 412 or remain on this channel.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I like how dispatch is still referred to as "412". Comes from their old callsign KYK412 back when they were on VHF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DaveNF2G

Is that what the other 41x numbers are - old dispatch callsigns?

During MLSS visits to the local repeater site, I've been collecting RIDs. I've figured out a large chunk of the pattern for ambulances.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I like how dispatch is still referred to as "412". Comes from their old callsign KYK412 back when they were on VHF.

I remember the days of Alamo EMS, "366" on their UHF freq, and "960" on their VHF freq,

Comspec333

That is where Orange Co. 718 (now EMS Response) and 315 (Fire Lowband Ch. 1) came from as well. Vails Gate Fire (409) and New Windsor Fire (998) will sometimes refer to this from their firehouse.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'm not going to mention what EMS agency I worked for back in the day, but when when anyone had to go number #2, the common phrase was "I have to go take an Alamo."

Status
Not open for further replies.