• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MMDVM P25 Repeaters and NX5000 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
Local Fusion repeater running mmdvm in P25 mode will not work with my NX5300. I transmit fine and others hear clear audio but I receive mostly drop out on receive. My motorolas work fine. I have no idea what the pulse width of a mmdvm fusion love child is. This is my first issue with conventional P25 and this radio. My radio works fine with a shark openspot. Out of a broad range of gear this radio is the only one incompatible with this particular repeater. Maybe I should realign the radio but the aeroflex available to me doesn't have NX5000 software.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Its not the radio, very rare that would be the issue, The KWD is a little more stringent on the p25 side, I have noticed on mine, but I run a PiStar hotspot and had to tune it down just a few cycles and all is good now.
OpenShark is a little forgiven to I hear for RX and TX.

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
Same repeater in DMR mode works with xpr7550 and alinco but will not work with my NX. Played around with preamble times and wake up etc but no joy. Brings up repeater but fails handshake. Tried polite and impolite modes as well. MMDVM repeaters are gaining in popularity and I don't want to be locked out. So as of now no P25 or DMR on mmdvm repeater or this one anyway. NX works with my SHARK hotspot which is good.

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
This is a modified Yaesu DR-1X with an MMDVM controller, so it operates on D-Star and Yaesu System Fusion simultaneously.
as best I can tell I cannot hear the repeater with my Kenwood radio. When I bring up repeater with another radio the Kenwood doesn’t have audio or display caller I.D.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
This is a modified Yaesu DR-1X with an MMDVM controller, so it operates on D-Star and Yaesu System Fusion simultaneously.
as best I can tell I cannot hear the repeater with my Kenwood radio. When I bring up repeater with another radio the Kenwood doesn’t have audio or display caller I.D.

The NX5000 does not do either DStar or YSF. The NX5000 does P25, DMR and NXDN depending on how the radio is optioned. Out of the box, its NXDN and analogue. You can purchase licenses for DMR and P25, but the radio will only do 2 digital modes at a time us analogue.

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
The NX5000 does not do either DStar or YSF. The NX5000 does P25, DMR and NXDN depending on how the radio is optioned. Out of the box, its NXDN and analogue. You can purchase licenses for DMR and P25, but the radio will only do 2 digital modes at a time us analogue.

I have all the licenses and they are installed at present P 25 and DMR. Radio works fine on my own Motorola repeater in DMR mode as well as every other DMR repeater I have tried here in North Carolina as well as all over California. I operate on p25 often and the only issue there is this particular mmdvm repeater (read all previous posts for context). What I don’t know is why and if it will be a problem with most mmdvm Frankenstein repeaters.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Check the bandwidth on each.

When I've got my Quantars set to wide, my Unication G5 will not decode P25 from them. Change the bandwidth on the Quantars to narrow and everything works.

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
Check the bandwidth on each.

When I've got my Quantars set to wide, my Unication G5 will not decode P25 from them. Change the bandwidth on the Quantars to narrow and everything works.
Decided that was the issue with P25—well more the pulse width probably. The fact that DMR has same vulnerability surprises me. As I mentioned my xpr7550 seems to work fine as do the Chinese radios. My guess based on what you say is that the mmdvm has no function to change the fusion bandwidth on the fly. Fusion and DStar can both operate 25k wide so makes since that is where the machine stays parked.

Status
Not open for further replies.