TwoToneDetect MMS Delivery Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJFFDisp

Premium Subscriber
I am the administrator for a two tone detect system (not sure what version without driving to work). The system delivers about 30 MMS messages and has been in existence working flawlessly for about 2 years. Within the past week all of my MMS messages (should be noted that all of my control group I am checking with has Verizon, I have not checked with any other carrier subscribers) are being sent with a 30 to 120 minute delay. I have not do any updates to the system (other than its monthly restart and Windows update).

Anyone else having similar issues?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
This could be an issue with MMS with the cell carrier. What happens if you try sending an MMS email to one of those numbers via email or not from Two Tone Detect? Make sure you are sending your test email from within the same email domain.

Sometimes carriers could block or limit a domain to their MMS network if they feel you are spamming the system.

(I work for a Cell company)

tiapass00

I am the administrator for a two tone detect system (not sure what version without driving to work). The system delivers about 30 MMS messages and has been in existence working flawlessly for about 2 years. Within the past week all of my MMS messages (should be noted that all of my control group I am checking with has Verizon, I have not checked with any other carrier subscribers) are being sent with a 30 to 120 minute delay. I have not do any updates to the system (other than its monthly restart and Windows update).

Anyone else having similar issues?
Same issue here. On one instance it was delayed for most, not just Verizon. I bought a domain and email account (moved away from free gmail) and that seemed to solve it. The other instance is running with a paid Google Workspace account and seems to be related more to just my Verizon subscribers. @w2lie do you have any suggestions on how to get past the carrier thinking it is spam?

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
So if I setup this through a city email, which is powered by Outlook we shouldn’t have any issues like we were experiencing on Gmail.

z96cobra

I started having the delayed mms to my Verizon phone in early June. Sometimes (rarely now) it comes right through, sometimes it's an hour or two delayed, and sometimes it's over 24 hours late. Sorry I don't have any help to offer, but just wanted to add myself to the list of folks having issues.

DC31

Feed Provider
The experiences that you are describing are exactly why I only do push notifications now. No more emails.TTD v71 has pushover integrated into it.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
The experiences that you are describing are exactly why I only do push notifications now. No more emails.TTD v71 has pushover integrated into it.

Does the push over work to send MP3 files through that? I'm not familiar with this feature or version.

DC31

Feed Provider
The mp3 files are uploaded to a web server. The push notification includes a link to that file which plays when you tap the push. Download the Pushover App (30 day free trial) at pushover.net and take a test drive. Use this link to subscribe to some of my alerts: Pushover: Subscribe to All tone sets

dispatcher40

Feed Provider
@dispatcher40 a better option is to add this script to your current TTD version. GitHub - TheGreatCodeholio/ttd_helper: Helper Script for added TTD functionality. I can lend a hand with it, @DC31 is an awesome resource as is the developer of the script @xicarusx.
I'm running TTD on a couple Windows machines. I'm not familiar with the other options. I'm just struggling like everyone else with Verizon and trying to find a workaround. Since the suggestion was made to try pushover I thought it might be worth a shot. Also, I have used gmail previously for my TTD and I received an e-mail this am from Google saying they were no longer supporting these types of apps come May. So I need to find another e-mail solution for that. Any ideas?

tiapass00

I’m using Proton Mail on my windows setup and it works well so far. The script makes Pushover notifications really easy to set up. There is a cost for the app, but other than that, it’s a fantastic setup. Another alternative is paid SMS that sends out a link to the audio file. I have some users that didn’t want to deal with an app so I went that route for that particular department. Both Pushover and paid SMS require you to set up FTP access/storage for the audio files (if you aren’t doing that already).

WebsterEMA

I was told by the company that makes my counties CAD software that the cell providers want to stop or discourage the use of messaging like this. To the #######@carrier.com type addresses. He said sometimes one or two will go through, and then the system will catch what's going on and severely delay or lose the messages. They have the problem with their system texting from the CAD terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.