MN ARMER system question, had the Minn. State Patrol Duluth area switched over yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
hey there, i`m now wondering after i noticed recently that the State Patrol channels for MN in the Duluth, MN area seem to be lots quieter than they were before (not that there was a lot of chatter on `em already :)). Has the MSP switched the Duluth section over to the ARMER system yet? If yes, then i can dump those channels from my scanner (can`t monitor it yet till i figure the rebanding thingy out for my `396T, and my HAM HT won`t do P25 anyway :)). Thanx! N9NRA

jdm911

Hello, They have not switched over yet. The only thing that has seemed to happen so far with ARMER is that they have set up (what sounds to be) a simulcast of the dispatcher's transmissions (on tg: 36500). I am hoping that the switch comes soon. As a side note there does seem to be a tad more tg's using the system when in the area from time to time, still pretty quiet for the most part though.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
can`t monitor it yet till i figure the rebanding thingy out for my `396T
What can't you figure out? Rebanding on ARMER didn't do anything except change some frequencies. All you need to do is make sure you have the correct control channel frequencies programmed.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Duluth MSP switch to ARMER

What i can`t figure out right now is this, according to what i`ve read of what Upman posted when the rebanding updates came out you needed to program some kind of custom table to get the new (rebanded) freqs to work, at least that`s how i read it. Also, the current version of the USAD software won`t (alledgedly) accept rebanded frequencies. Still, you guys answered my question, and i appreicate the info, thanx all. N9NRA P.S. if anyone that answered my OP can help me with the rebanding thingy, please pm me. Thanx :).

wogggieee

Pretty much all you have to do for rebanding is change the frequency (typically a drop of 15 mhz). There is no custom table for ARMER that you need to mess with. Maybe for other systems but not for ARMER. I don't know about problems with the USAD software since I dont use it. But i would assume that since the changes are within the receive range of the radio that the software would work just fine. And if it doesnt work you could try Freescan which, like the name says, is free. Or if you are willing to pay you could try the ARC program. Both work well for your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.