sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I live in Kandiyohi co, interested in stearns and meeker co
How do I figure the band plan for these co or does anyone know
I am using the bcd996p2

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Stearns, Kandioyhi and Meeker are on the ARMER system. You will need to program in the towersite control channel you want for those counties depending on which ones you can get and then Talkgroups. Depending on where you live in the county will play which towers you can get, etc. Are you familiar with the ARMER system? I don't know much about that scanner tho. I do visit that area and listen to those counties when I'm down there.

Give us a little more info what your looking for and be glad to help. Most of the Talkgroups and all the towersite control channels are in the database.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I have all my tower sites programmed in(Belgrade and Paynesville in stearns co, Litchfield and Eden valley in meeker co, willmar new London and hanson silo in Kandiyohi co) along with all the talk groups associated with those co. However I am only receiving willmar site
I know there is something called a band plan, but is that carried on the control channel?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe a band plan is an issue with programming a P25 TRS.

Your location, topography, type of antenna and whether you have something in your home desensitizing your scanner, can all impact your reception.

Wouldn't hurt to confirm you have programmed correct control channel frequencies. Might be some more ideas depending on what type scanner you have.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Yes I don't think it have anything to do with a band plan. What kind of antenna are you using? If your using a stock antenna that came with the scanner, that's about all you are going to get. To reach distant towers, 15 + miles typically requires an external antenna.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Where do you live? I going to agree with the others that its likely a distance/topography issue. For example Willmar and Litchfield are about 30 miles apart. Even if you're located right in the middle thats still 15 miles to each tower which is pretty far for ARMER.

blue5011

I have all my tower sites programmed in(Belgrade and Paynesville in stearns co, Litchfield and Eden valley in meeker co, willmar new London and hanson silo in Kandiyohi co) along with all the talk groups associated with those co. However I am only receiving willmar site
I know there is something called a band plan, but is that carried on the control channel?

You might also try looking at google earth and run an "elevation profile" between your location and the tower sites.

There maybe a significant hill or some other obstruction in the path.

Status
Not open for further replies.