MN State Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

stmills

Lineup is same as the past:
State Fair Channels are patched with Ramsey Pool Channels- usually best to monitor both Talkgroups in the patch
SF1/RP8 12576/11542
SF2/RP9 12578/11544
SF3/RP10 12580/11546

151.2575 will be used by Reserves covering the gates.

neo0983

Is it worth taking a scanner to the fair to listen to traffic

I plan on bringing my BCD436HP with when we go this weekend but mainly because I will be lugging a backpack along so the added weight will be negligible. I am just down the road and traffic on their comms has picked up a little this morning so there should be plenty to listen to if you do bring it.

N0FPY

Stare Fair PD

I was able to hear the State Fair PD on the State System however that may have been some radios that normally use that system. Are there any other systems that people are receiving the Fair PD besides Ramsey County consistently?.

Last edited:

stmills

Looking at the logs from unitrunker for Hennepin East 2-001: Thursday : Ch 1 denied for most of the day, Ch 2 carried on 2-001, Friday both Ch1& Ch 2 were carried on Hennepin East.

neo0983

The bag check didnt even really look in my backpack. they squish tested it since it was full of rain coats and sent us on our way.

squad1b

State fair

Thanks for the reply I don't plan on bringing a backpack with me .I will have my scanner on my belt
I'm in a wheelchair so it's hard to see it most of the time when I carry it this way.

neo0983

Thanks for the reply I don't plan on bringing a backpack with me .I will have my scanner on my belt
I'm in a wheelchair so it's hard to see it most of the time when I carry it this way.

I doubt that anyone will have a problem with you using a scanner there. Just follow sop and don't make a big deal of it and either mute it or shut it off going through the gate. I am a licensed ham so I can pull out an official license from my wallet should someone want to put up a stink. Their mainly concerned about guns and knives.

AAFC

Lineup is same as the past:
State Fair Channels are patched with Ramsey Pool Channels- usually best to monitor both Talkgroups in the patch
SF1/RP8 12576/11542
SF2/RP9 12578/11544
SF3/RP10 12580/11546

151.2575 will be used by Reserves covering the gates.

Just to clarify for myself......

1) Can the SF1/RP talkgroups be heard on the Hennepin east system?

2) And, while attending the fair, If I program these talkgroups into my sscanner, which system frequencies should I use?..... Basically, which system covers the fairground property the best?

Thanks in advance!

stmills

Ramsey county system is the best bet for on grounds coverage. Hennepin East should be used as a last resort
First choice : Ramsey
Second choice: City Center
Third choice : Hennepin East

AAFC

Ramsey county system is the best bet for on grounds coverage. Hennepin East should be used as a last resort
First choice : Ramsey
Second choice: City Center
Third choice : Hennepin East

Thank you for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.