MN state patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrojoko93

Premium Subscriber
I am new to the digital world and am confused. So I know what talk groups the state patrol uses but i cannot find a set of frequencies. If someone could give me some information on how to properly program my 996xt for the state patrol and statewide 911 talk groups I would appreciate it. I'm hope that i am just missing something small here but i don't see a list freq i only see the TGIDs. Thanks

P.s. I am programming for a few different areas. Dakota county. McLeod, renville. And for the Duluth area.

10-7Goodnight

MN State Patrol

I listen to the State Patrol on Duluth Simulcast 852.48750. Duluth and Virginia dispatch.

tech020

You are missing the point. MSP is on the ARMER statewide trunking system. The scanner selects the frequency for the area you are in based on talkgroups selected. You do not need to know the actual rf frequency because it changes constantly. Your scanner is loaded with the system parameters and will find the appropriate signal. Analog: Frequency equals "channel". Digital Trunking:: Talk Group equals "channel".

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
My recommendation is that you download FreeScan software.

https://sites.google.com/site/sixspotsoftware//downloads

With this software running on your computer, you can connect to the RR database since you are a premium subscriber, and download all of the needed data for the Minnesota ARMER system.

You'll have the ability to choose which sites along with talkgroups. I'd suggest choosing all sites, but limit the talkgroups to those mentioned in your post. Otherwise you'll exceed the limits on the number of talkgroups your scanner can accept. You probably ought to add the Statewide Interoperability talkgroups too. The L-TACs get used on major incidents (like pursuits) and the F-TACs may get used on major fire incidents.

Once you have downloaded this data, you can program it into your scanner.

You mentioned that you are "new to the digital world". With that in mind, I'll mention this. You will only receive transmissions from sites that are close to your scanner - for example, you may be in Duluth so you won't receive the Dakota site.

The ARMER radio system is a very complex radio system. The scanner you have is pretty complex too. There are "learning curves" to both. Just be patient and spend some time with them.

I'm not sure exactly where you are in Minnesota as you mentioned a couple of areas. If you live in the Renville County area, or in Duluth, you may consider programming local police and fire talkgroups along with the state patrol. From my limited experience with this system (family visits up there every so often) outside of the twin cities, state patrol radio traffic can be sporadic. I was in East Grand Forks for a week and didn't hear the first MSP transmission.

Having the local police and fire in your scanner, at least in the beginning, will expose you to a greater amount of radio traffic. That should confirm you have programmed your scanner correctly and give you some comfort that things are working.

teufler

Dakota dulth files

hERE IS A fREESCAN 2.17 FILE YOU CAN USE. Its got Dakota, McLeod, Renville, and St. Louis counties along with the MHP groups. You are set to scan, not search otherwise you are going to listen to everything, hear everything and be able to not remember a thing.

Attachments

• dakota.zip
    3 KB · Views: 87

Pyrojoko93

Premium Subscriber
looking at your freescan file I just have one question. Why do you have it set up as custom/reband type 2 instead of a p25 standard system?

Status
Not open for further replies.