MNR Middlesex

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCA6YU

King Charles Adam 6 Young Union
Hey all
Was wondering if there is much traffic on the MNR TG's in the Middlesex county area? Have been listening for a bit, and have heard nothing so far.

Thom

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Its very hit and miss. Definitely more traffic in the summer months. This time of year I hear the odd unit headed into the Aylmer office and that's about it.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I hear them from time to time patched with certain talkgroups and with the Caledon talkgroup.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

uncleblackie said:
Lots of CO activity in Zone 3 right now with hunting season on.
Lots of surveilance and joint ops with OPP.

Are you saying that you are hearing the MNR talking with the OPP on certain talkgroups? I thought that the MNR had a few encrypted talkgroups; I guess to keep track of poaching and illegal hunting. I guess that hunting season has or is about to begin but being in the GTA means little activity.

uncleblackie

Yes, they have been patched a few times with the local OPP ops channels recently, plus they are doing joint operations. Last week they did a big joint op on hwy 65 at the Quebec border involving MNR, OPP, and QPP.

North Bay comm centre has also recently extended TG 3040 (3NBAYENF) to affiliate with South River (a zone 2 tower).

As I write this they are now on a tac (3NRT01) getting ready to bust some people for hunting from a moving vehicle.

Their highest level of activity around here is now for hunting, and again in May when pickerel season opens, other than that, their comms traffic is pretty light.

I have never heard any encryption on the MNR tg's but to be honest I wouldn't know if I did unless I was holding on a specific tg, as my 396xt scans right past anything encrypted. If I was holding on the tg it would squawk briefly and then flash "ENC" but if it is scanning, it shows on the screen for not even a split second, nothing verbal, and then carries on. I don't think freescan even logs it.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

Trunk 88 does the best job of breaking down Fleetnet. The older scanners wouldn't bypass ENC which was a drag. Incidentially, I never heard the MNR patched with anyone they were working with (they are multi-selected or patched) in with various talkgroups but never heard joint ops. When they were working with the QPP (Surete du Quebec) do they speak english? They are I think, on conventional system still, I guess they might use a common police frequency and your Comm centre can work a patch?

uncleblackie

The joint op with the QPP was out of my listening area, I saw it on the news. I doubt there was any comms between them though.
Basically they just setup at the Q/O border and were spotchecking hunters going either way, as I would imagine there are some differing regulations between provinces and they were making sure everyone was compliant.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
In the case of a joint operation, I imagine they would just give the QPP (or OPP) a respective radio for the other service to use. That's what they do in the GTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.