MO - O'Fallon Police Go Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisx50

The O'Fallon Missouri Police have switched to using digital. While there are problems with listining to them with the scanner. I am told that the officers are hearing dispatch loud and clear.

If I recall when systems are doing simulcast there is a problem hearing them over a scanner if I recall.

KM5LZ

O'Fallon PD

Regarding O’Fallon PD going digital. I live in O’Fallon and have a Pro 96 digital and listen to them all the time and did not notice the change over. If they are digital it sounds totally different that the St. Charles S. O.

sleible

Ofallon Police

I live in Ofallon, can anyone give me the list of digital frequencies. If you give me those I can try it out and get back to you on how it works,

Thanks

shaft

Do you ever hear a medium to high pitched tone while listening to the S.O.? Every once in a while I'll pick it up on my 396. I dont know if its just an artifact or an actual tone thats being sent out.

KM5LZ

St. Charles S.O.

In regards to high pitched tone from the S.O. there is a CW ID followed by a tone that can last for several minutes and sometimes a poor signal voice distortion. I do not hear a high pitched tone.

sleible

OFallon

I just in the frequency 770.50625 under convetional on my Pro-106. I can here them and understand it but in between them talking it cuts out. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I miss the old 800 mhz system, digital sucks.

Thanks

stlouisx50

Regarding O’Fallon PD going digital. I live in O’Fallon and have a Pro 96 digital and listen to them all the time and did not notice the change over. If they are digital it sounds totally different that the St. Charles S. O.

I do not know how you can not hear a difference. They are no longer on the 854.6625. See the radio reference page for st. charles county / O'Fallon for the latest frequencies.

sleible

I found the frequencies, Thank You. Does anyone have a solution for me, I can hear Ofallon on my P25 Auto trunking but it is choppie. Thanks

sleible

system: P25 AUTO
770.50625--------------POLICE

LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE HAVEING THE SAME PROMBLEM THAT I AM HAVING--WHEN THE DISPATCHER TALKS IT GOES IN AND OUT, KIND OF CHOPPIE.

---IF ANYONE KNOWS A SOLUTION FOR ME THAT WOULD BE GREAT
ONCE AGAIN I HAVE A PRO-106 FROM RADIOSHACK/GRE AND I USE P25 AUTO FOR THE SYSTEM AND I AM TRUNKING THE FREQUENCIES AND IT IS KIND OF CHOPPIE. I LIVE IN OFALLON SO IT IS NOT A RECEPTION ISSUE. I HEAR ST.CHARLES SHERIFF GREAT.

THANKS

KM5LZ

O'Fallon PD

I am not having any problem receiving the new freq and no chopping. I did hear an echo on one officer and he said he was having problems with interference from other signals maybe from several sites transmitting at one time or a delay in the system.

So far so good with the new system.

Good Luck

sleible

yeah this is weird it only happens with the dispatcher. in between her sentence it cuts every once in a while.

shaft

system: P25 AUTO
770.50625--------------POLICE

LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE HAVEING THE SAME PROMBLEM THAT I AM HAVING--WHEN THE DISPATCHER TALKS IT GOES IN AND OUT, KIND OF CHOPPIE.

---IF ANYONE KNOWS A SOLUTION FOR ME THAT WOULD BE GREAT
ONCE AGAIN I HAVE A PRO-106 FROM RADIOSHACK/GRE AND I USE P25 AUTO FOR THE SYSTEM AND I AM TRUNKING THE FREQUENCIES AND IT IS KIND OF CHOPPIE. I LIVE IN OFALLON SO IT IS NOT A RECEPTION ISSUE. I HEAR ST.CHARLES SHERIFF GREAT.

THANKS

This is a Motorola trunked system, try programming it in as that. The freq you posted as the Police freq is actually one of the voice channels. 770.75625 is the primary control channel and the rest are voice channels. The TG ID for the PD dispatch is 10701.

I have submitted this to the DB admins to add to the database.

N2JDS

What setting are you using to get them on your Pro-96? I can't get it to come through mine, can you send me the .p96 file on it?

redhelmet13

What setting are you using to get them on your Pro-96? I can't get it to come through mine, can you send me the .p96 file on it?

Sorry - Pro96 will not trunk 700 Mhz. It will pick up these freqs conventionally. You have to get a scanner newer than the 96 which does P25. Wow! A 700 Mhz TRS in the land dominated by VHF... (Left STL late 70's - great scanning back then.).

N2JDS

I misunderstood the other message to say he WAS picking it up on his Pro-96, that is why I ask, I was under the impression that it couldn't be done, but thought he may have found a loop hole.

KM5LZ

O'Fallon PD

I don't know about the trunk part but I do receive OPD on 770.50625 with my PRO 96. So far all coms are on the same frq. What radio will work for 700 mhz trunking? And then is it worth the cost to listen to them and what will I miss if I don't buy a new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.