Moab/Grant County

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgstegall

I'm in Moab and have the frequencies for Grant County and Moab entered but haven't heard anything. Have they changed from what's in the database?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It should be whats listed. 158.805 is grand county so and uhp for that area is 154.830. and whatever else is listed..

pgstegall

Moab/Grand County

I had to remove the PL's before I started receiving anything. I was at Dead Horse Point and could barely hear either. Had no problem hearing Arches, Canyonland, BLM, and San Juan County. Moab was noisy and Grand County was unreadable.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
If your still there or live in moab check to see if 800 MHz has any Trunking motor boat data channels. The Ucan System is Expanding and sites are planned for Bald Mesa. If these are active we need to get them in the Database....

bchris

SE Utah Conventional Updates

I'm in Moab and have the frequencies for Grand County and Moab entered but haven't heard anything. Have they changed from what's in the database?

A year ago I drove from Ut County to Price, Green River, Hanksville, Blanding, around the South side of Lake Powell, Page Az, Kanab, and to St George. I had loaded the Freqs from the RR database, w/ no PL tones, and heard almost nothing the whole trip. Since then I have spent TONS of time compiling a new list for the area. I downloaded thousands of lines of text from the FCC database, processed it every which way in Excel, considered every freq to decide if it was an input or output for a repeater, or neither, compared the mailing address and other comments from different FCC call signs, considered the type of emmissions and EIRP, how many mobile and fixed locations are on the FCC permit, compared it to the RR database and other sources, and boiled it down to something that will fit in my scanner.

Since then I have never driven through SE Utah, but several times while near the area(s) I now seem to hear much more traffic. For various reasons I have not posted these updates to the database, but I am not completely opposed to sharing what I have. PM me if you want to.

--bc

Status
Not open for further replies.