mobile antenna for RS pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskie999

HI, I need to know what antenna to get, for my Pro 164 which I just upgraded to. I want a mobile antenna to attch to my car, which is a lease, so no screw holes. What is something that is mid range priced,I use it mostly for storm spotting.
any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Muskie

dsleigh

muskie

HI, I need to know what antenna to get, for my Pro 164 which I just upgraded to. I want a mobile antenna to attch to my car, which is a lease, so no screw holes. What is something that is mid range priced,I use it mostly for storm spotting.
any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Muskie

Check out grove-enterprises.com ant.#6 for $20.00 For the money it can not be beat!

muskie999

I checked out that site desleigh, I liked what reviews I read, price is reasonable and really wanted amagnetic mount. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the tip!

muskie999

Sounds great, I'm still trying to program My new scanner. LOL maybe I should take up polo. except i hate horses, and I'm poor.

karrington

Im using my AM/FM radio antenna. seems to work better than the one that was on the scanner. I'm picking up traffic 30-50 miles away.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you using your AM/FM antenna for your Pro-164, and do I need an antenna if I do not travel more then 25 miles away from my local area???

Thanks for your time.
karrington

mario_verasso

Sorry wasn't paying attention to the thread's title. I was just reading the comments and replied. I don't have a Pro-164. I am using the vehicle antenna for my scanner. the uniden bc560XLT has the same antenna connection that the antenna uses. So i just plugged it in and it works better, than the telescoping one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.