mobile antenna mounting for a semi truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at an Austin Spectra Mobile Antenna to go with a bct15x.

my question is about the antenna performance and a suggestion on mounting location.

i will be installing this in a volvo vn. Volvo 610 #2 pictures from trucks photos on webshots

i have an am/fm radio antenna on the pass mirror mount as well as a sat radio antenna.
drivers side has my cb antenna
i pull a box type trailer.

can i install on the pass side mirror? plenty of room , wondering about the operation

can also mount on the back of the cab. will there be reception issues with the trailer/wall 3-6 ft behind it

minnesota 09 pictures from trucks photos on webshots

also has anyone mounted this radio in a din mount?
i am in the process of building an overhead console so i was thinking of mounting it in it.

i was also thinking of a cb external speaker with this scanner ?

thanks for all the info, Johnny

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
can i install on the pass side mirror? plenty of room , wondering about the operation

I'm thinking that would be the best option, the antenna would be less prone to signal loss from the metal in the cab and trailer at that spot.

can also mount on the back of the cab. will there be reception issues with the trailer/wall 3-6 ft behind it

Too much metal would make the antenna directional and less likely to pick up signals in the line of sight.

also has anyone mounted this radio in a din mount?
i am in the process of building an overhead console so i was thinking of mounting it in it.

It is DIN mountable, but requires the DIN sleeve kit from Uniden to mount unless your handy (or have a CB shop that can handle it) with hardware.

Overhead is good if you can keep it away from the CB.

i was also thinking of a cb external speaker with this scanner ?

An amplified CB speaker would be recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.