mobile antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
just ordered the SpectrumForce mobile antenna, anybody have anything bad to say about it? the reviews on ScannerMaster said it was an awesome antenna. anybody have this antenna?

kd8x

just ordered the SpectrumForce mobile antenna, anybody have anything bad to say about it? the reviews on ScannerMaster said it was an awesome antenna. anybody have this antenna?

It works really good for 150 mhz and somewhat less on 450 mhz....for 800 mhz it completely sucks....low band 40-50 mhz stuff aint very good either but better than 800 mhz....I drive 18 wheeler NC and TN so I pretty much have it all programmed in and was kinda disappointed in this antenna but it is hard to get a good antenna to cover everything....To sum up, This antenna is best for VHF....Hope this helps...

mikext

I have that antenna and I like it. It does pretty good in the Tidewater area and get decent skip in the summer months.

K4APR

Can I ask a stupid question? Why would you order the antenna first and THEN ask in a forum if it's any good?

SCPD

QRT
Can I ask a stupid question? Why would you order the antenna first and THEN ask in a forum if it's any good?

because the reviews on Scanner Master said it was a good one so i wanted to check on here. That a problem?

K4APR

because the reviews on Scanner Master said it was a good one so i wanted to check on here. That a problem?

No, no problem. I can live with that answer. I guess when I am considering buying something, I would ask for opinions first and then make my decision with my money. It's a lot easier to fold your money over and put it back in your pocket, than it is to get it back once it's spent.

The internet is full of garbage and I much rather have regular forum users weigh in their comments than reading it on a review page that can have no name whatsoever attached to the comment. Call me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.