mobile antennas, using more than one

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

this may sound like a silly question, but can you use a 800 and a 2 meter antenna at the same time by using a duplexer? Ive heard you need the correct antenna for what your monitoring, Id like to listen to both trunked and FM

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
stevolene said:
Id like to listen to both trunked and FM

Ok, trunked in many cases is FM, but forget about that.

stevolene said:
this may sound like a silly question, but can you use a 800 and a 2 meter antenna at the same time by using a duplexer?

Yes, you can. You can expect some loss but not a ton. You'd have to really search to find one with a VHF/800 split.

stevolene said:
Ive heard you need the correct antenna for what your monitoring

If a coathanger lets you hear what you want to hear, don't worry about what others say. For many years all I used was a simple VHF 1/4 wave antenna so scan everything from 31-868mhz. Was it perfect? No, but it worked well enough for what I wanted so I was happy.

I use a 800mhz antenna on my pro97 in the truck and it works on VHF & UHF well enough for me, so you might find a stock antenna works well enough for both VHF & 800.

stevolene

thanks, Ill find the best all around I can find, I actually found that the homemade dipole antenna I built is quieter and has a better recieve than the RS 800 antenna on my old pro 92, however the 800 antenna works best with my 2051

manross

Even though I'm listening to 2 different bands the Stridsberg Engineering Passive Reciever Multicoupler is very well worth the price. I'm listening to VHF-hi and UHF freqs and it works perfectly. The MC 202 covers 10 mhz to 1 ghz. His website is http://www.stridsberg.com/ Specifications are stated on the site also. He also has very good customer service, as he called me on the weekend to answer questions I had and the shipping was very quick. I'll do business with him again. Might give him a call.

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.