Mobile County EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone still pick up Mobile County? I haven't picked them up in a while. I can pick up Mobile City fine, but nothing for County.

KE5TLF

1, 2, 4, and 11 all good here. The others are a bit out of range for me without a little ducting help. May want to make sure your programming hasn't unknowingly gotten messed up somehow.

Last edited:

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
Yeah that is what I'm thinking too. Tried programming all the sites as listed on here but still no luck. May just need to get my antenna higher.

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
Just looked on the FCC database for WNUX634 the N. McGregor site and there are 8 other frequencies listed as fixed that are not on the RR database. Is it possible that is why I am unable to pick it up? Because if I'm not mistaken EDACS must have all the frequencies and in the correct order?

KE5TLF

We're not concerned with FX1 freqs., but yes EDACS must have all freqs. that are in use and have them in the correct LCN order to track properly.

First thing to do is to hold/tune on the control channels to see if reception is a problem. At this moment the active CC's I can recieve are as follows.
Site 1 - LCN 5 - 858.2375
Site 2 - LCN 2 - 857.2625
Site 4 - LCN 3 - 858.9875
Site 11 - LCN 14 - 866.4375
If you can't hear any of those, or the other listed CC freqs. then you know you have a reception problem.

I was logging site 11 when it switched to that CC and had a noticeable drop in signal quality myself when it did. Not sure why but I'll guess other nearby freqs. may be causing a little bit of signal interference. Especially given the distance I'm at. It rolled to that CC around the 14th or 15th and has been on it ever since as far as I know. I monitored Site 11 most of the days that had Mardi Gras parades, especially the heavier parading days.

KE5TLF

Also not sure how long "a while" is in your case, but atmospheric conditions have been kinda crappy, lately too. As they tend to get when the weather has been like it has been for us over the last week or two. So if you were kinda on the fringe of good reception already that may have something to do with it too.

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
Ok I had my radio record on Freescan last night while I was at work. I was able to pick up the Bayou La Batre control channel 857.2625 as well as the whole Bayou La Batre system I had already programmed in. But I'm surprised I picked it up instead of one of the others, I figured Bayou La Batre would be out of range. Thanks for the help, at least now I know my programming is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.