• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

mobile for home

Not open for further replies.


Apr 9, 2004
I came across a Rs trc 483 . I want to use it in the house but its setup for mobile use. What do i need to connect this to power it up in the house. Looking for ideas. Thanks.


Premium Subscriber
Dec 1, 2008
Navajo County AZ
You will need a 3 amp 13.8 volt DC power supply here is a link to the instructions, http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/doc7/7214.htm

Using The CB As A Base Station

Although this CB is designed for mobile use, you can also use it as a base
station. To do so, you need the following items.

12-volt DC power supply (such as Cat. No. 22-504).

Note: Most 12-volt DC power supplies plug into a standard AC outlet to
produce DC power. Before connecting your CB to a 12-volt DC power
supply, read and follow the instructions included with the power

Base station antenna (such as Cat. No 21-976).

Coaxial antenna cable and connectors.

Note: Your local Radio Shack store carries coaxial antenna cable and
Not open for further replies.