Mobile Forums Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Weird thing happens when I attempt to search the forums on my Samsung Rouge phone. I go to m.radioreference.com it shows the mobile version. Both the database section and live audio section are also the mobile version when I click them. When I go the the forums section instead of showing the mobile version it shows the full version, which is a pain to search on a phone.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Weird thing happens when I attempt to search the forums on my Samsung Rouge phone. I go to m.radioreference.com it shows the mobile version. Both the database section and live audio section are also the mobile version when I click them. When I go the the forums section instead of showing the mobile version it shows the full version, which is a pain to search on a phone.

I am not sure whats going on on your end, but I have a Samsung windows phone and everything is fine on my end, I checked the links that you where talking about and they work okay here, so I am not sure why its not working for you but I can tell you that it is working just fine on my phone.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (MINE!!!!11!!oneone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Working just fine for me.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Still not able to access the mobile version of the forums from my phone. I have also tried to access the mobile version of the forums via the mobile button on the top of the website from my computer. I have the same problem on my computer as I'm having on my phone, the database and live audio are the mobile version but the forums go to the full site version.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Working fine here as well, must be an issue with your phone

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; BOLT/1.523) AppleWebKit/530+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

test..

Works using my other mobile browser as well..Check your phone's settings, it's got to be something in there :)

Last edited:

bezking

The mobile forums seem to work based on the user-agent described to the server, so if the system does not recognize your phone as a phone, redirection will occur.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Well this has me confused. When you access the mobile forums what is web address you are using. Also have you tried accessing the mobile forums from your computer via the mobile button on the top of the page. Even on my computer the mobile forums will not work but the database and live audio sections work on my computer.

Astrak

As far as WinMo phones(is the Rogue WinMo?) if it is a WinMo phone try skyfire browser it supports all versions of flash and will display the website like you would find on your PC browser.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
As far as WinMo phones(is the Rogue WinMo?) if it is a WinMo phone try skyfire browser it supports all versions of flash and will display the website like you would find on your PC browser.

No the Rogue is not a WinMo phone. I also tried viewing the forums last night on a different phone and I still got the same results, it loads the full site version of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.